Can't get married!

hadron said:
don't argue with johnnycash. it ain't worth it

I know, you're right.

JohnnyCash said:
I think you are the one who should be corrected here on the information wherein you have said that a marriage-performer (Elvis or whoever else) in Vegas performs a wedding without obtaining a Marriage License first, which is completely wrong based upon the information that I know/witnessed thru various sources including Las Vegas govt. site.

Thus, I don't see what "correction" was needed in my above post.

Getting married in Vegas: I'm speaking about this from my personal experience, not "based upon the information that I know/witnessed thru various sources including Las Vegas govt. site."

This is the way it works (at least what we did):

-You schedule an appointment.

-Without requiring any preliminary licensing, medical test or anything else, they send you a limo to take you there (Elvis Chapel) and you just get married. PERIOD.

-In Vegas (Clark County) the County Clerk is open for business until late night (if not 24 hours, I'm not sure about this)

-After ceremony, you go to the County Clerk and they issue a Marriage Certificate. In my case that was happening Sunday evening, about 9-10PM. Their limo takes you also to the County Clerk and, of course, back to the hotel.

-Then, for a small fee, (I've paid $14.00) you order an original Certified Abstract of Marriage Certificate, usually by mail and you get it in less than 2 weeks.

The above, like I said, is my personal experience, and is not "based upon the information that I know/witnessed thru various sources including Las Vegas govt. site."

But like my signature says: "If you don't like or don't trust my personal opinion, feel free to ignore it" ;)

I called another courthouse and asked if a visa was required with the passport to get a marriage lisence and the clerk said she would need it in order to read all the information and I told her eveything on in his passport was written in English and she said to bring it in and they would see if they could use it. I hope this is good news. We are going to go down there on Wednesday (it's the only time we can both go). There is some stuff written in a different language but then there is a / and the same thing is written in English and all the handwritten stuff is in English. This should be okay right?

Suzy977 said:
The above, like I said, is my personal experience, and is not "based upon the information that I know/witnessed thru various sources including Las Vegas govt. site."

But like my signature says: "If you don't like or don't trust my personal opinion, feel free to ignore it" ;)

This site (or any other immigration site for that matter) is NOT about gaining trust; rather this is about sharing and learning. That means, I'm NOT here to gain trust in/from someone's personal opinion, so whatever someone's signature is saying means nothing to ME. Neither I'm here to mislead anyone, nor to keep an upper hand. And obviously, it is not about being Dr. Phill (someone's pet word).

I provide information/opinion to help people based upon what I KNOW and what is written in books about a specific issue/law. I didn't marry in Vegas (nor I went thru immigration journey), so obviously I don't have first hand "PERSONAL EXPERIENCE" as you and other have in these regards. However, what I hold on to is-the knowledge and information that I got on laws from reading books on these subjects, info from different sites (including govt. sites) and dealing/handling with thousands of people along the way.

Moreover, I can only speak for myself than for you or anyone else. Thus, I cannot speak for what you "personally" experienced or what other immigration attorneys tell to other people on different subjects. Nor I can attest any of the "personal" experience that you have. But what I can attest is- what is written inside the books and on sites, including what other people (many of them) have told me based upon their own experiences.

I am not saying that you are untruthful about your personal experience on this subject to justify yourself, but do you expect someone (not me) to rely upon your info when all sources are saying otherwise? And, how to verify your info when all the given sites (including the govt. one) are saying otherwise? At least, I've backed up my statements with 12 websites on this subject matter, which included govt. site as well.

I'm not saying that you are misleading people on this matter, nor I'm saying that you didn't have "personal experience"; rather I strongly believe that it would be highly beneficial to everyone if you could provide some kind of verifiable info on your "personal experience" such as the name of the person who performed marriage ceremony for you, or the name of the chapel or something like that. I believe this is very important especially when both of us have commented here to help people on this subject than trying to have upperhand unless you had/have other motive in making a statement of correcting me without any back-up evidence.

If I were you, I would have checked that info out first from all the verifiable sources out there before correcting someone else, which I did when I made a statement of correcting you. And if those info were to be different than my personal experience then I would have just explained/talked about my personal experience than talking about correcting someone else. Correction is made when someone is wrong and not when someone is right based upon all the info out there. Your personal experience should not have anything to do with correcting me for my info because my info comes from what laws say on that particular info in Nevada which is out there for anyone to read/check that out. I mean, you are free to post or talk about your personal experience like people do here all the times, but you cannot talk about correcting someone on an information which is right based upon the laws and in other sites. I talked about correcting you based upon the verifable source for that info.

When I talk about something, I talk about what laws say on a specific information and how courts have dealt (or are still dealing) with those situations. If someone (or few people) has experienced totally different things than what laws say and how courts deal with that kind of situation, then that doesn't mean that I was wrong in my info, nor it means that a right thing was done to this someone when s/he experienced differently. For example, someone on this site has become a US citizen despite of being convicted for a shoplifting. Of course, this person was not approved by himself/herself; rather USCIS officer approved the citizenship application for this person. Rather than revoking the green card and deporting this convicted person based upon what laws say on a shoplifting conviction, officer not only approved this person's citizenship application but also went ahead in explaining/talking that it is okay and shoplifting is not a big matter.

Now, I cannot speak for that Immigration officer who approved citizenship application for this convicted shoplifter. I can only speak for myself based upon what immigration laws say on a shoplifting conviction and how courts handle this matter. Similarly, just because officer approved a citizenship application for this person, that doesn't mean that officer made a right decision or the application was approved accordingly to the law. Nor it means that such decision could not be reversed upon finding. I'm sure you know how many times USCIS acted wrongly. Even this person has blamed the USCIS many times for doing things differently. Then, what made anyone to think that officer's decision was right in that person's case given how many times USCIS have done things wrongly?

The only reason for me to have talked about this person's citizenship case is just you to know that I give info based upon what I've learned and know about laws and how courts have dealt with those matter in a given situation. That is all. I cannot speak for that officer or someone's else otherwise experience.

Back to the issue at hand, this is NOT about me and you; rather it is about helping people on this subject matter as much as we could so that they would know the right information. Any kind of verifable information from you would greatly help people on this site especially when some people are probably very confused by now given the fact of these two different information. On one hand-they have information based upon your "personal experience" while on the other hand-they have a complete different information from 12-13 sites (which included a govt site as well).

In the absense of verifiable info from you on this subject, it would look as if you are standing alone in your claim against the laws on this matter in Neveda (including against the info that is posted on all those websites out there). It is similar to the fact that I would be standing alone if I would say that a marriage-based case can be approved without the necessity of filing I-130 even though my info on I-130 would be completely different than the info in/from laws books, USCIS website, thousands of immigration websites, and personal experiences of million of people on so many immigration forums.

I've nothing to do with correct and incorrect info here as I've already said here that I don't have first hand personal experience on this matter AND I've also quoted sources of my information to verify it. Thus, I'm just a messenger here. I do know many people who were married in Vegas, but I cannot ask them to come over here to verify all these information. That means, I am completely relying on these sites as my sources for my given information. Now, this is between your "personal experience" and the information on those websites (including govt. site").

Last edited by a moderator:
JohnnyCash said:
This site (or any other immigration site for that matter) is NOT about gaining trust; rather this is about sharing and learning. That means, I'm NOT here to gain trust in/from someone's personal opinion, so whatever someone's signature is saying means nothing to ME. Neither I'm here to mislead anyone, nor to keep an upper hand. And obviously, it is not about being Dr. Phill (someone's pet word).

Exactly what I feel myself: I'm not here to "gain trust" I'm just sharing my personal experience in this particular matter: Getting married at Elvis Chapel in Vegas.

I am not saying that you are untruthful about your personal experience on this subject to justify yourself, but do you expect someone (not me) to rely upon your info when all sources are saying otherwise?

I don't expect anyone to rely on my experience, I'm just sharing it, any grown-up should make his/her own decision based on their own judgment and own criteria.

For example, if tomorrow I'll post a message like: "I crossed the freeway on foot at the rush hour and I'm safe and sound"...it doesn't mean that I've done a smart thing, or is the right thing to be done by others...

I'm not saying that you are misleading people on this matter, nor I'm saying that you didn't have "personal experience"; rather I strongly believe that it would be highly beneficial to everyone if you could provide some kind of verifiable info on your "personal experience" such as the name of the person who performed marriage ceremony for you, or the name of the chapel or something like that.

-Th name of the Chapel: Elvis Chapel
-The address of the Chapel: 3460 N. Rancho Rd., Las Vegas, NV 89130
The name of person who performed marriage: Rev. David Nye
-The Issuer of the Marriage Certificate: County Clark, State of Nevada, U.S.A.
-County Clerk who signed the Marriage Certificate: Shirley B. Parraguirre.

I believe this is very important especially when both of us have commented here to help people on this subject than trying to have upperhand unless you had/have other motive in making a statement of correcting me without any back-up evidence.

This is not about correcting you, I have no issue with that, it's strictly about the matter we're discussing here: Getting married in Vegas at Elvis chapel.

For example, someone on this site has become a US citizen despite of being convicted for a shoplifting.

:D :D :D

Of course, this person was not approved by himself/herself; rather USCIS officer approved the citizenship application for this person. Rather than revoking the green card and deporting this convicted person based upon what laws say on a shoplifting conviction, officer not only approved this person's citizenship application but also went ahead in explaining/talking that it is okay and shoplifting is not a big matter.

Now, I cannot speak for that Immigration officer who approved citizenship application for this convicted shoplifter. I can only speak for myself based upon what immigration laws say on a shoplifting conviction and how courts handle this matter. Similarly, just because officer approved a citizenship application for this person, that doesn't mean that officer made a right decision or the application was approved accordingly to the law. Nor it means that such decision could not be reversed upon finding. I'm sure you know how many times USCIS acted wrongly. Even this person has blamed the USCIS many times for doing things differently. Then, what made anyone to think that officer's decision was right in that person's case given how many times USCIS have done things wrongly?

Old chapters of the history sometimes, for some people, never close ;) :D

Back to the issue at hand, this is NOT about me and you; rather it is about helping people on this subject matter as much as we could so that they would know the right information. Any kind of verifable information from you would greatly help people on this site especially when some people are probably very confused by now given the fact of these two different information.

Exactly what I think. I've never had the intention to contradict you, or anyone for that matter, I've just posted my opinion (my personal experience) and like I've always said, people don't need to trust me or to follow my advice.

One thing I want to be clear: I'm not (now and generally speaking) lying or b.s...ing people, always I say what I think and what, based on my best abilities, I believe is the truth.

On one hand-they have information based upon your "personal experience" while on the other hand-they have a complete different information from 12-13 sites (which included a govt site as well).

In the absense of verifiable info from you on this subject, it would look as if you are standing alone in your claim against the laws on this matter in Neveda (including against the info that is posted on all those websites out there).

This is not a competition between you and me, they can believe whoever they want to

Moreover, I'm going to go right now to my first post here and I'm going to amend it with this words:

"Instead "a correction" to JohnnyCash's post, read this as just a different viewpoint from a different member"

I've nothing to do with correct and incorrect info here as I've already said here that I don't have first hand personal experience on this matter AND I've also quoted sources of my information to verify it. Thus, I'm just a messenger here. I do know many people who were married in Vegas, but I cannot ask them to come over here to verify all these information. That means, I am completely relying on these sites as my sources for my given information. Now, this is between your "personal experience" and the information on those websites (including govt. site").

My signature says also: "I'm always right...excepting for the cases when I'm not"
This is why I'm not insisting to have my advice followed...

Have a good day Sam ;)

Suzy977 said:
Have a good day Sam ;)

For the last half an hour, I was trying to locate some info on the Chapel where you got married by matching its address that you mentioned. However, I did not find Elvis Chapel with that address. But I did find Elvis Chapel with a different address, so I thought to give them a call to find the Rev. who performed the marriage ceremony for you.

http://las-vegas-hotels.tripadvisor...eviews-The_Elvis_Chapel-Las_Vegas_Nevada.html

http://www.lvchapel.com/las_vegas_marriage/index.html

I called this number [702] 383-5909. A lady named Judy came on line. I asked her if Rev. David Nye works there. To my surprise, she said yes. She asked me if I would like to talk to him. I said yes. Few second later Rev. David Nye came on the line. I asked him if he is Rev. David Nye, which he said yes to, even though I don’t know if he isn’t. I know in Vegas all these business people are very deceptive as they could pretend to be anyone just to get business. I go to Vegas almost 2 times a month for the last 9 yrs. Thus, I know about all this.

Anyway, I asked him if someone can get married in there without obtaining a marriage license first. He right away said-No. He also said that the only time people don’t need a marriage license first is when they want to renew their bows, which is not a legal marriage. I asked him if he is sure about his info, and he said very positively-yes. I told him about you having getting married without marriage license, but I did not tell him anything about this site. He said-“It cannot be possible”. He told me that if anyone has any question about this, s/he can email him at info@ElvisChaple.com

After that I called Marriage License Bureau in Las Vegas at [702] 671-0600 to verify the information. A lady named Nadia came on line. I asked the same question to her. She said, noone can marry in Vegas without obtaining a marriage license first. She also confirmed the same info that Rev. David Nye told me about renewing the bows.

Again, I am not saying that you are being untruthful about your “personal experience”, but your info still could not be verified. So, I don’t see what kind of correction was needed in my info when everywhere I’m getting the same info that I provided here.

At last, describing a personal experience is okay (as people do all the times) but when someone makes a statement of correcting others then they should at least point it out where other people are wrong/incorrect with evidences/info.

Have a good day, Suzy. ;)

JohnnyCash said:
At last, describing a personal experience is okay (as people do all the times) but when someone makes a statement of correcting others then they should at least point it out where other people are wrong/incorrect with evidences/info.

Have a good day, Suzy. ;)

Like I've said on my last post, I've amended my initial message. You can see that.

Every info I gave you, is from papers I had in front of me, names, address (maybe they moved since I got married), etc.

Trying to figure out in a logical manner (believing what you just posted) the only explanations I can find for myself are:

1. They made a mistake when I got married.

2. Rules changed since then.

3. I've made an appointment and paid for everything more than 1 month ahead...maybe they got the paper work (License) ready by the time I got there...and I never knew that should be a license ready before the actual ceremony :confused:

I'm almost out of options, so far, but like I've said, this is my personal experience and if it's abnormal or unusual, I'm not afraid to admit that based on it I was wrong.

A Latin expression says: "To make a mistake is human...to persevere on it, is diabolic"

Reason why, I stop here.

Once again, have a good one, Sam.

P.S. If you have a chance to talk again to Rev. David Nye, do me a favor and ask him if they, occasionally, obtain the License before the ceremony for their clients.

from what i see, your passport is valid but it is being rendered as invalid or expired by the visa document ergo the entire passport is expired in their eyes.
Isnt the visa a little piece of paper stapled to the passport????

k_razdan said:
I was born in the US. My fiance came to the U.S. from India on a student visa. After a couple of years it expired and circumstances prevented him from getting it renewed, however, his passport doesn't expire for another two months. Yesterday we went to the courthouse to get a marriage license and they wouldn't give it to us because his Visa had expired. Has anyone ever heard of this? What do we do now? We have an appointment with an immigration lawyer in a few weeks, but I am impatient and nervous about what is going to happen. Has anyone been in a situation like this? I just want to marry the guy! Can the government really not let us? :confused:

Ignoring the personal differences here... let me answer your question and get this thread back on track. Yes, you need an ID to prove you are who you claim you are in order to get married and get a license. After 9/11 and especially after the outcries of illegal immigration, things are changing. As per the law, your fiance has overstayed his visa and is out of status. To top it all, his passport is expiring in two months. If caught, he stands a very high chance of being deported and not let into the US again.

Marrying a USC is the ONLY way he can get legal status and be pardoned for his overstay and it looks like the very start is creating problems for him. The easier way for him to get GC is to go back to his country, get married to you there, you stay there for 60 days and apply for his GC via consular processing. Now, i dont know the implications of his overstay here on the CP process, but your lawyer should be able to tell you more on this. Make sure you go to a good lawyer. If you want to ONLY get married to him, you can do that back in his home country. you guys will definitely not have problems getting a marriage license there.

As for renewing the passport, unfortunately the consulates DO NOT renew if the applicant does not have any status in the US. So i guess leaving the country, getting married back home and him entering US via CP is something you could think of.

jnj said:
from what i see, your passport is valid but it is being rendered as invalid or expired by the visa document ergo the entire passport is expired in their eyes.
Isnt the visa a little piece of paper stapled to the passport????

Visas are pasted on a page in the passport and not stapled. They are machine readable and have your picture printed on it.

Maybe I should just rip the stupid visa out! :D

I thought that if we left right now he would not be allowed back in the US for 10 years. But I don't know a lot about all this stuff. Until I met my fiance I didn't even know what a visa was. When he first told me about it I thought he was required to get a visa credit card to come into the US, which I thought was a very funny way of forcing America's wonderful values on others! So what is this 10 year ban that I have heard of? What is CP? I know my lawyer can explain it, but two weeks seems like such a long time to wait and have this whole situation explained to me. We don't mind going back and staying for awhile, as long as we can be together. I'm just going crazy right now not even knowing which country I may be living in in a couple of months! :confused:

Thank you Ari for bringing this back to the matter at hand. All your information has been really helpful, and the way jnj explained the passport/visa thing makes a whole lot of sense. Thank you. Finally, something that makes sense! :)

> So what is this 10 year ban that I have heard of?

Your fiance has overstayed is visa by more than 1 year. As a result, he would be banned from reentering the US, whether he is married to you or not.

But as he entered the US at the time lawfully, there is a way out (so don't rip that visa and the I94 out of his passport, it is his only ticket to lawful status).

The only way to get out of this situation is for him to get a green-card based on marriage to you and NOT to leave the country until he has his physical green-card in hand.
This is what you have to do
- get married (go to Vegas or somewhere else outside of OK)
- you file an immigrant petition I130 and an affidavit of support with the goverment on his behalf
- he files form I485, a request for adjustment of status with the goverment

After some fingerprinting appointments, medical exams and an interview with the immigration office, he would receive a temporary green-card. After 2-3 years and usually a second interview, he would receive a permanent (10 year) green-card.

> What is CP?

Consular processing. This is where you file your paperwork in the US, but he is abroad. Due to the fact that he has a ban, this is not an option for you guys.

Read up around here on what to expect at the interview. Key is to know that they are interested to figure out whether you guys are actually married, or whether this is a 'marriage of convenience' for pure immigration purposes. Particularly in folks who overstayed their visas, the goverment tends to get prickly. So document your marriage, get some pretty wedding pictures taken, have common bank accounts, common utility accounts, life insurance with each other as beneficiary etc. all the fixings of traditional american family life
(oh, and make him remember your brand of tooth-paste and day-lotion ;-)). Again, given his overstay, they tend to verify stuff. There is a fair chance that they send an investigator to drop by at your place in the early evening and check whether you actually life as husband and wife, or whether he just has his name on your mailbox for the green-card proceedings.

The paperwork CAN be filed without involvement of an attorney. However, you don't seem to be very comfortable with the whole system yet, so it might be a good idea to pay an attorney to prepare the documents.

P.S.
JohnnyCash (at least the one on this forum) is a well known troll who loves to get into pointless arguments with people. Don't assume that any of the logorrhea you encountered here has anything to do with your original question or even the question on how to get married in vegas.

hadron said:
> So what is this 10 year ban that I have heard of?

Your fiance has overstayed is visa by more than 1 year. As a result, he would be banned from reentering the US, whether he is married to you or not.

But as he entered the US at the time lawfully, there is a way out.

The only way to get out of this situation is for him to get a green-card based on marriage to you and NOT to leave the country until he has his physical green-card in hand.
This is what you have to do
- get married (go to Vegas or somewhere else outside of OK)
- you file an immigrant petition I130 and an affidavit of support with the goverment on his behalf
- he files form I485, a request for adjustment of status with the goverment

After some fingerprinting appointments, medical exams and an interview with the immigration office, he would receive a temporary green-card. After 2-3 years and usually a second interview, he would receive a permanent (10 year) green-card.

> What is CP?

Consular processing. This is where you file your paperwork in the US, but he is abroad. Due to the fact that he has a ban, this is not an option for you guys.

Read up around here on what to expect at the interview.

The paperwork CAN be filed without involvement of an attorney. However, you don't seem to be very comfortable with the whole system yet, so it might be a good idea to pay an attorney to prepare the documents.

Agree 100%..i dont think he has a chance if he leaves u.s..it dont matter if he has married a citizen...try texas lady..there are tons of ppl who get married without a freeking licence....

query11 said:
Agree 100%..i dont think he has a chance if he leaves u.s..it dont matter if he has married a citizen...try texas lady..there are tons of ppl who get married without a freeking licence....

allrite i found it...if nothing works i mean licence and stuff u can try through common law marriage....

A "common law marriage" is one in which the parties may hold themselves out as a husband and wife, and under certain circumstances, be deemed married without a marriage license or ceremony.

Texas is one of the states that allows the creation of a “common law” marriage, a relationship in which a couple lives together but have not participated in a lawful ceremony. In Texas a couple can acquire marital rights and responsibilities by living together for a particular period of time. You do not need legal action to end such a relationship, if it was created in Texas.

Texas also recognizes as valid, common law marriages created in other states if the legal requirements of those states have been met. As a result, legal action is needed to dissolve legal “common law” marriages performed in other states and foreign countries in compliance with their licensing and ceremonial regulations.

mmon-law marriage can still be contracted in the following states and capital district: Alabama, Colorado, the District of Columbia, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, New Hampshire (posthumously), Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, and Utah. Note there is no such thing as "common-law divorce" - that is, you can't get out of a common-law marriage as easily as you can get into one. Only the contract of the marriage is irregular; everything else about the marriage is perfectly regular. People who marry per the old common law tradition must petition the appropriate court in their state for a dissolution of marriage.

When my husband and I went to city hall to apply for a marriage license, I took my unexpired passport with me - I have an expired one which has my visas in it (that one stayed home). They didn't flip through it, nor did they ask me for a visa. This was in NYC. We got the license and were married the following week. Good luck.

k_razdan said:
I was born in the US. My fiance came to the U.S. from India on a student visa. After a couple of years it expired and circumstances prevented him from getting it renewed, however, his passport doesn't expire for another two months. Yesterday we went to the courthouse to get a marriage license and they wouldn't give it to us because his Visa had expired. Has anyone ever heard of this? What do we do now? We have an appointment with an immigration lawyer in a few weeks, but I am impatient and nervous about what is going to happen. Has anyone been in a situation like this? I just want to marry the guy! Can the government really not let us? :confused:

USCIS is a federal entity. k_razdan needs to be married by federal standards. While you sugestion is interesting, I do not think a Texas "common law" marriage will count in the eyes of USCIS. It would grant k_razdan and spouse certain rights in Texas, but not in Oklahoma and not on a federal level.

I think the solutions are getting too complicated now. They just need to find another courthouse or city hall where the clerk will not bother to look at the visa stamp before issuing a marriage license.

running_swede said:
USCIS is a federal entity. k_razdan needs to be married by federal standards. While you sugestion is interesting, I do not think a Texas "common law" marriage will count in the eyes of USCIS. It would grant k_razdan and spouse certain rights in Texas, but not in Oklahoma and not on a federal level.

I think the solutions are getting too complicated now. They just need to find another courthouse or city hall where the clerk will not bother to look at the visa stamp before issuing a marriage license.

u r right common law marriage does not help immigration...

sorry for misguiding :mad:

query11 said:
allrite i found it...if nothing works i mean licence and stuff u can try through common law marriage....

A "common law marriage" is one in which the parties may hold themselves out as a husband and wife, and under certain circumstances, be deemed married without a marriage license or ceremony.

Texas is one of the states that allows the creation of a “common law” marriage, a relationship in which a couple lives together but have not participated in a lawful ceremony. In Texas a couple can acquire marital rights and responsibilities by living together for a particular period of time. You do not need legal action to end such a relationship, if it was created in Texas.

Texas also recognizes as valid, common law marriages created in other states if the legal requirements of those states have been met. As a result, legal action is needed to dissolve legal “common law” marriages performed in other states and foreign countries in compliance with their licensing and ceremonial regulations.

mmon-law marriage can still be contracted in the following states and capital district: Alabama, Colorado, the District of Columbia, Iowa, Kansas, Montana, New Hampshire (posthumously), Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Texas, and Utah. Note there is no such thing as "common-law divorce" - that is, you can't get out of a common-law marriage as easily as you can get into one. Only the contract of the marriage is irregular; everything else about the marriage is perfectly regular. People who marry per the old common law tradition must petition the appropriate court in their state for a dissolution of marriage.

http://www.uscis.gov/lpbin/lpext.dl...acted-19121?f=templates&fn=document-frame.htm

For Texas: A man and woman who want to establish a common-law marriage must sign a form provided by the county clerk. In addition, they must (1) agree to be married, (2) cohabit, and (3) represent to others that they are married

query11 said:

No problems Query! everybody here knows that must make their own homework and verify all type of info. We must of the time are trying to help, if we make a mistake is just that a mistake...must of the time we post what we know, our experiences (even for others could be different in a same environment) and own researches. And in general people should always check out what the Disclaimer says ;) .