Can't Find Case Status

hayle

Registered Users (C)
I got this message today when I went to check the online case status.
Anyone familiar with this ??

The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

In most cases like yours, the BCIS decision would follow. I would give it about 48 hours...

hayle said:
I got this message today when I went to check the online case status.
Anyone familiar with this ??

The status for this Receipt Number cannot be found at this time in this automated system. Please check your case receipt number to see if it is correct. If you have questions or concerns about your case status, please contact the National Customer Service Center.
National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283

You will get approve letter in two days. Meanwhile, you need to call USCIS and get some comfirmation.

Last time, I met same situation like you and called USCIS right away. USCIS told me you need to call back if I got nothing in 30 days. The third day, I got my approve letter. I am waiting for GC card now. The online status is still unchanged as before.

Thanks for the encouraging words.
I'll just wait calmly instead of calling them.

Many thanks.

I spoke to an immigration officer about not been able to access online status and she told me that they don't show status after approval , only they can access itl. But when i asked her if my card is mailed she said no.
Wondering what will happen because per approval notice( Sep 2) i should receive card in 3 weeks or call them. My 3 weeks will be over on Sep 23, there is no way i can receive the card in next 4 days.

Approved !!

Hi Folks,

Yes, at long last, I can access my case online AND I got approved this morning.

This case has been approved. On September 21, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Good luck to everyone else.

My advice is to be patient and keep things simple. Also, there is no such a thing as "black" listed countries as some mention it in this forum. It all depends on the individual case. I'm from one of those Islamic countries and I don't think I got special treatment. I'm confident that if one has a clean record, they will get approved.

Good luck to you all my friends. This experience really does make you a stronger person at the end of it.

Best wishes.

Why the approval message I received is different than yours?

In the message I got, they states the card is going to mail to me. They did not say anything about an approval notice.

hayle said:
Hi Folks,

Yes, at long last, I can access my case online AND I got approved this morning.

This case has been approved. On September 21, 2005, an approval notice was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.

Good luck to everyone else.

My advice is to be patient and keep things simple. Also, there is no such a thing as "black" listed countries as some mention it in this forum. It all depends on the individual case. I'm from one of those Islamic countries and I don't think I got special treatment. I'm confident that if one has a clean record, they will get approved.

Good luck to you all my friends. This experience really does make you a stronger person at the end of it.

Best wishes.

sadasylee said:

In the message I got, they states the card is going to mail to me. They did not say anything about an approval notice.

Samething. Sometime it is approved message. Sometime it is mailing card message. Even sometime it is no message at all.

Oh, I have received a new message today from USCIS saying:

"Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

This case has been approved. On September 21, 2005, an approval notice
was mailed. If 14 days have passed and you have not received this
notice, you may wish to verify or update your address. To update your
address, please call the National Customer Service Center at (800) 375-5283.
..........................."

So, within 3 days this week I have received 2 mails from USCIS, one saying the card is ordered, and the other saying an approval notice is sending.

In addition, I can't find case status online either.

sadasylee said:

Last edited by a moderator:
To sadasylee

this what happened to me.Your first message means the approval date and the card order.Your second message means your card was mailed.You're not gonna get a notice.You're gonna get your GC in 2-3 days.
Good luck for our final step(citizenship)

Just curious..... So, is it not true that anyone who gets approved looses access to status. How about you guys? Are you able to access your status after few days of being kicked out? OR did you loose access only momentarily?

Thank you for the info, Cadel :)

Asylee13,
I was not able to see the status of my I-485 the next day after I received the first approval notice.
I can still access to my account and check out the status of my I-131 (RTD).

cadel said:
this what happened to me.Your first message means the approval date and the card order.Your second message means your card was mailed.You're not gonna get a notice.You're gonna get your GC in 2-3 days.
Good luck for our final step(citizenship)