Candian visa for H1B stamping

fana

Registered Users (C)
Is it harder to get a Canadian visa now, so that you can go to Canada to get your H1B visa stamped?

Has any one had any experiences? I need to mail my passport to Detroit to get my visa, as I have an appointment coming up in Canada to get my H1B stamp.

Please comment

Thanks

As long as U are not

from those countries which are on watch or have a waiting period, it should not be a problem. You can enquire this with the consulate office in detroit itself (phone or mail)

Indian...

I'm Indian. Just curious what kind of documentation would help me get it? These questions are basically a result of the new rules, which I believe say that if I get rejected for my h1B in vancouver, I cant enter the US again and am forced to return to India?

So - in other words, what would help? Do I gave bank statements, letter from nvars confirming appointment?, etc?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Your nvars letter or your H1 can also get the canadian visa. (Bank statement will also help to prove that you can meet the incidental expenses in canada). However what you put as the reason for visit will not decide whether you need to be let into US in case of a rejection.
INS POE officer will know whether you went for a H1 extension/stamp at the US consulate and whether it was rejected. They need (will) not check with canadian visa application...
As for whether canadian embassy will give you visa if you say that you are going for h1 stamping, I think that you should tell the truth, unless you plan to hunker down in canada in case of stamping rejection...

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Fana,

Could you share your Vancouver consulate experience with me as I am planning the trip myself for a new H-1.

Also did you have any trouble getting the Canadian visa, did you use the letter of appointment eventually?

Thanks much!

Shef

experience

it's been a while... Didnt have trouble with the canadian visa. Mailed it to Detroil along with return itenary, copy of my H1 approval letter, appointment letter, etc. When entering Canada I was pulled aside and they just wanted to look at the appointment letter, etc... no big deal, they said that was pretty normal. At the consulate I had no issues at all... they took my job offer letter and that was it.

Hope this helps... as I said it was a while back and I really dont rememeber much else.. Good luck!