cancelled oath ceremony

salparadise

Registered Users (C)
Hello,
I had no idea this forum existed else I would have used it a long time ago.
Anyway, after my application had been processing for 5 years a few days ago I finally got my oath ceremony letter in the mail a few days ago, this was totally unexpected and has made me and my wife (american citizen) extremely happy. Well it turns out this was premature as I just got a letter today that states "due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled Oath Ceremony on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 8:30 AM for the above applicant"
I wouldn't think much of this under normal circumstances, but the fact of the matter is that I have already waited 5 years for this to happen, I have never been an illegal and moved to the United States when I was 12 and I am 31 now. Is anyone else based out of Salt Lake received a letter like this? it will cause some relief and make think that is not something to do with me. If anyone would like more details in my situation that thinks will be helpful, let me know.
thanks

Hello,
I had no idea this forum existed else I would have used it a long time ago.
Anyway, after my application had been processing for 5 years a few days ago I finally got my oath ceremony letter in the mail a few days ago, this was totally unexpected and has made me and my wife (american citizen) extremely happy. Well it turns out this was premature as I just got a letter today that states "due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled Oath Ceremony on Wednesday, October 15, 2008 at 8:30 AM for the above applicant"
I wouldn't think much of this under normal circumstances, but the fact of the matter is that I have already waited 5 years for this to happen, I have never been an illegal and moved to the United States when I was 12 and I am 31 now. Is anyone else based out of Salt Lake received a letter like this? it will cause some relief and make think that is not something to do with me. If anyone would like more details in my situation that thinks will be helpful, let me know.
thanks

5 years? Were you stuck in name check all this time?

name check?
Every time I asked about it they told me the FBI had it on background check, is this what you mean?

I am not surprised, for whatever is worth is a fairly unique situation, me and my family were in the witness protection program due to my father's former dealings. All my information was changed (last name, etc) so to make things more complicated I have no official country of citizenship (very frustrating as I can not travel abroad due to the fact that I don't have a passport) I have my residency and there has been no issues with this, thank god so I can legally work and all that.
Anyway I am no criminal or have any shady background, just the fact that my named changed and there appears to be very little help between government departments, probably after 9/11 and the whole reorganization of the department of homeland security.
Anyway due to my unique situation I doubt anyone can help on this forum, but my main objective was a glimmer of hope that someone else got their oath ceremony canceled in the Salt Lake City area.
I do really thank this forum and the service they give all immigrants that truly love and appreciate this country. All a lot of us want is to be recognized "officially" as part of this land.

All I can say is hang in there....Mine was descheduled...still waiting for a new one

09/7/2007 N400 (TSC) mailed
09/17/2007 Priority Date
12/20/2007 Moved cities (Houston to Dallas)
12/20/2007 Check Cashed
12/25/2007 Filed AR11 online and called for address change
01/28/2008 Received FP Notice at Dallas address (FP Scheduled in Houston on 2/5/08)
01/31/2008 Received N400 reciept at Dallas address
02/05/2008 Fly to Houston, FP done in Houston
03/17/2008 Received Interview Notice (Interview in Houston on 4/2/2008)
04/02/2008 Fly to Houston, passed test, IO said he has to transfer the case to Dallas DO.
08/04/2008 Received 2nd Interview Notice (Interview in Dallas on 8/12/2008)
08/12/2008 Interview in Dallas, lasted 5 mins, IO said approved, expect Oath Letter in the mail within 90 days
09/04/2008 Oath Letter Received, Scheduled for 9/17/2008
09/13/2008 Oath descheduled

Interesting. Thanks for the encouragement.

salparadise:.... Did u get letter for 2nd fingerprint before u got oath letter?
and when did u submit your 2nd set of fingerprints?.
Your fingerprints were expired so i am sure u were Re-fingerprinted. but how long before you got oath letter? and which state???

thanx.

hi

You are not alone, I was scheduled on Oath Ceremony on 9/26/08 and 2 days before they called me up that I wont be able to take oath on the day. I got letter from them officially
said that I was rescheduled for background check.

Much stressed and pre-occupied with it, I now just have to wait for the background check.

Anyway hang in in there and good luck