Canadian Resident Annotation on B2 Visa

sgattani

My Parents have a valid 10 year multiple entry visa issued by Toronto Consulate. They were landed immigrants of Canada. They have visited US many times while they were Canadian residents.
As they could not deal with the Canadian weather, they have given up their Canadian resident status ( their PR card has expired)

They want to visit USA for one month. Is their visa still valid for travel? If not what do they need to do ?

Yes. They might be asked about their Canadian PR status. They need to answer truthfully that they have relinquished that status. Then it is the POE officer's decision whether to grant them entry or not.

Is their visa still valid for travel? If not what do they need to do ?

thank you-resolved

Thank you S K Ghori for your reply. That's what they intend to do!
Eid Mubarak to you and yours

Visa

A reminder of the "Important Disclaimer: Answers and comments provided on
Google Answers are general information, and are not intended to substitute
for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal,
investment, accounting, or other professional advice."

My Parents have a valid 10 year multiple entry visa issued by Toronto Consulate. They were landed immigrants of Canada. They have visited US many times while they were Canadian residents.
As they could not deal with the Canadian weather, they have given up their Canadian resident status ( their PR card has expired)

They want to visit USA for one month. Is their visa still valid for travel? If not what do they need to do ?

any update on this? i have the same situation... planning to visit US for 2 weeks but i have expired canadian permanent resident card... my US visa has Canadian Permanent Resident annotation...

thanks!

any update on this? i have the same situation... planning to visit US for 2 weeks but i have expired canadian permanent resident card... my US visa has Canadian Permanent Resident annotation...

Think of the odds anyone who hasn't logged in 8 yrs would respond.

Update CBP the annotation no longer holds true, and respond truthfully to where you live when asked. Then, as noted above, POE officer decides whether to grant entry or not.

EDIT: Is the Canadian PR simply expired and awaiting renewal, or you are no longer a Canadian resident? Unclear from the way your post is worded.

PR card expired while i'm outside Canada... haven't decided yet if to renew or renounce because i cannot stay away from home for too long because i am taking care of my parents in my home country...

Hi! Any update on this? I have the same circumstances but i already renounced my pr in canada. I do have an annotation on my B1/B2 visa as canadian permanent resident. What should i do? Can i travel to the States? Hope you will answer based on what you have experienced. Thank you