Canadian PR

mydearcard

Registered Users (C)
Gurus

Did anyone started Canadian PR process while GC is in process? Because of retro for EB3 since we do not need when we will get GC, I am thinking of applying for canadian PR. I need info on how to apply for Canadian PR? Also how long will canadian PR take from date of application?

I just do not know how long I can hang in Air when we have no assurance of GC. I wanted second option.

Thanks

Job opportunitiies in IT are very limited in Canada compared to US.
I know several Canadian PRs and citizens who are desparate to come to US
on H1/L1/TN. Avoid Canada unless you are not in IT or fear persecution if you went back to home country.

Candain PR takes 9-24 months and less than US$1k to apply.

Most of us are in the same boat , Rajiv has quite some information on Canadian Immigration in the parent site of this Forum , also search in Google for Canadian Immigration point system and ensure you get 72 points , in their Scoring system (education, experince , language ..etc)

armie and cnr

Thanks a lot for replies. I will search on google. Yes I am in IT area. I am overwhilmed by retrogression and endless wait. Ofcourse I know people are waiting even longer then me and I really appriciate everyone's patience. but I wanted something sure in hand.
By the way if we have canadian PR can we come and work in US like canadian citizens come and work here withoout visa?

Thanks

mydearcard said:
armie and cnr

Thanks a lot for replies. I will search on google. Yes I am in IT area. I am overwhilmed by retrogression and endless wait. Ofcourse I know people are waiting even longer then me and I really appriciate everyone's patience. but I wanted something sure in hand.
By the way if we have canadian PR can we come and work in US like canadian citizens come and work here withoout visa?

Thanks
As a Canadian PR, you will need H1/L1 visa to come to US to work.

I don't think Canadian Citizens can work here with out some kind of work permit. Sure they can come here as a visitor, with out any visa.

mydearcard said:
armie and cnr

Thanks

mydearcard said:
Gurus

Did anyone started Canadian PR process while GC is in process? Because of retro for EB3 since we do not need when we will get GC, I am thinking of applying for canadian PR. I need info on how to apply for Canadian PR? Also how long will canadian PR take from date of application?

I just do not know how long I can hang in Air when we have no assurance of GC. I wanted second option.

Thanks
Hi,

I went two days back to Vancouver to get my Canadian PR stamped at the Port of entry , it took around 15 months to get my Canadian PR approval. Regarding Job oppourtunities in IT , I would say do your homework to find one. I met several IT professionals in Vancouver on Friday during lunch time in a restaurant and many of them have Canadian PR , I was under the impression that Job oppourtunities for IT is very very limited,but that is not true fully,one can find a job if having proper skillset, but don't compare the salary structure in US and Canada. Most of the opinions about job oppourtunities in Canada are circulated by some who have not visited that country, thats what I got the impression after speaking with the IT professionals in Vacncouver. But one factor to consider is that if US economy does well then Canada also does well plus the Job oppurtunity, thats what I got the info from the professionals I spoke on Friday. Among all the factors that is important is your mindset to live and work there.

Hopefully this helps you

regards

kris

Labor PD: July 16, 2004
I140 AD: May 12, 2005
I1485 AD:?

Kris,
Thanks a lot for info. Did you started canadian PR thr some agency or you did everything by yourself?