CANADA WorkPermit vs AVR

kakurp

Hi Guru's

I have a wierd situation, any suggestions and advice strongly appreciated.

This is my 7th year H1-B extension and unfortunately my I-140 denied because my employer had issues replying "eligibility to pay RFE", eventually all other subsequent filings like EAD/AP also denied for the entire family. currently me and my family having H1B/H4 and I-94 valid until Nov-09( our passport visa/I-94 has got expired)...this is one part of the story.

other part..
I applied for CANADA workpermit/study/spouse visa...i got multiple entry visas for entire family until 2012.

Recently i ALONE moved to canada (leaving my family in USA). I am able to find job on the same day as i landed..and life goes on...so far so good.

Question
1) since it is <30days can I travel back to USA using AVR so that i can move my stuff and family to canada along with me thru land route?

2) will US immigration deny my re-entry, since i am working in canada?

once again your advice and suggestions stongly appreciated.

Thanks&Regards
KP

What status do you have in Canada? Have you quit the job for which you had the I-94, or are on leave?

Recently i ALONE moved to canada (leaving my family in USA). I am able to find job on the same day as i landed..and life goes on...so far so good.

1) since it is <30days can I travel back to USA using AVR so that i can move my stuff and family to canada along with me thru land route?

2) will US immigration deny my re-entry, since i am working in canada?

Thanks for the response

I am on workpermit in canada with multiple entry status.

I did not quite the job as per my US employer is concerned, i still hold expired I-94 and original I-797 with current I-94 valid until Nov 2009

pls shed some light.

As long as you have not quit your US job, you should be ok. Personally I think this is risky. Specially seeing that your family is still in the US on H-4s. Try to move to Canada as soon as possible.

I did not quite the job as per my US employer is concerned, i still hold expired I-94 and original I-797 with current I-94 valid until Nov 2009

Thanks!

please advice possible purposes of my visit i could say to immigration officer at US port of entry, as you know i am already working in CANADA at this time.

please advice.

hello all,how do i confirm if a visa is genuine just having only the scanned copy with me.I really need help cuz the agent has refused to give me the passport saying i have to pay first