Canada to US on H4 visa

Garryboy, your help in this case will be highly appreciated, too. This is because your case is same too.

Thanks!!

Harry.

Hello,

I am a Canadian PR marrying a US H1B visa holder. I am going to continue to live in Canada after marriage since I need to complete the residency days towards my citizenship. However, I would still need H4 to go visit my husband in the US. Especially, since we live about 1 hour away, I will eventually just move to US and come to work daily in Canada.
My question here is that can we travel back to US after our marriage in India ? I have a visitor visa (B2) and I wanted to know that whether I should travel back to Canada, apply for the H4 and then enter US, or I could enter as a visitor, go to Canada via land border and then apply for H4 here?
Also, if anyone knows, how easy is it for my fiance to get visitor visa to Canada? I want him to be able to come visit me while his PR Application will be in process.

Hi sparkle25,we am in a similar boat.. i am marrying a girl who has her Canadian PR and is expecting her citizenship in early 2011. Thanks to inputs from S.K.Ghori i believe i will follow the same route..."have her travel back to Canada apply for the H4 and then enter US".
i am still a little paranoid on what happens to her Canadian Citizenship process after she gets a a US H4 visa. i am assuming she will have to retain her maiden name till she gets through with her Canadian citizenship process. DO you guys have any thoughts on this? -Thanks Raj

Raj, I don't think her canadian citizenship should get affected by her H4 status. As long as she completes the 3 years out of 4 years residency requirement in Canada, she should be good. I will be eligible to apply for citizenship in May 2011, so after marriage I will be staying in Canada until then and my husband will drive from here to US for his work, or maybe I will go visit him on weekends. Once I apply for citizenship, they don't really care where you are residing after that. However, it would eb a good idea to keep a canadian mailing address for correspondence if possible.

Canadian Citizen Travelling to India on H4 visa

HI,
Just wanted to know what documents do i need to travel to India in H4 visa status... i have a valid
I 94, but during my travel my husband who is in H1 is planning to change job, can i come back on the same I 94. Some say I need to go back to canada to get my passport stamped before entering US.. is it true. . When I got my H4 visa I 94 was attached with it. Can you please let me what i should be doing...

hi all.. I am on a H1-B visa. My wife is expected to get her Canadian citizenship in Jan 2011. We got married a month ago and she applied for her H4 visa to be able to come to United states. During her interview they took her passport which i would think us a sign that the visa is approved. Its been 10 days and she has not received her passport back. anyone have any ideas on what could be going on? Thanks for your help -Raj

Temporary marriage license?

Hello,
My fiance and I are getting married on August 25th in Canada. He's a Canadian living in the US on a H1B and we were expecting to cross the border into the US together so that I can get the H4.

My questions are:

1) I read on earlier posts that all we need is i) his visa papers ii) our passports iii) our civil marriage certificate.
Can you confirm this?

2) Since we're getting married on the 25th of August, we'll only have the issued temporary marriage certificate (the official marriage certificate takes a month). Will this be enough to cross the border and get the H4?

Thanks so much!

I know the post is 6 weeks old but just in case you still need answers.

A1: That is all you need.
A2: That may be an issue. A strict officer may require the official marriage certificate with the raised seal.

1) I read on earlier posts that all we need is i) his visa papers ii) our passports iii) our civil marriage certificate.
Can you confirm this?

2) Since we're getting married on the 25th of August, we'll only have the issued temporary marriage certificate (the official marriage certificate takes a month). Will this be enough to cross the border and get the H4?

Thanks so much!

Hi guys,

Thanks a ton for this thread as it cleared a lot of doubts I had. My spouse is a Canadian citizen & we're getting married on Aug 16th - she'd be going to Canada after that & would be moving in with me in September. I understand she'd be able to get her H-4 at the POE without a problem.

My question is: She'll be going to Canada for a vacation in December - Does she need to get her H-4 stamped when she's coming back to the US? Much appreciated if I get some confirmation at the earliest.

Thanks ALL!