Can you buy Domestic air/rail tickets in INR if you have OCI?

bhartiya_12

Registered Users (C)
Does an OCI allow the holder to pay INR and not USD or any other foreign currency when paying for air/rail or hotel stay in India?

Depends...

I have bought domestic air tickets and international air tickets originating in India as well as originating in US in INR. However, not all agents are same. All the agents have insisted on seeing valid travel documents for international travel (not for domestic), but some have said they can issue with US passport, and some have said they can not. I have also used makemytrip.com. As long as you have an INR check book or a credit card payment in INR is not a problem.

I know your question said OCI ... I have extended it since I bought such tickets without OCI (and just having a valid visa). Tickets with OCI should be even simpler.

Recently I bought e-tickets using Air-India and Kingfisher websites. For Indian Rail, I registered and got the tickets delivered to my father's address in India.

Gave my US address when I registered and had no problems at all. Good old days there were some restrictions for NRI's but now they seem to be non-issues.

Yes one can buy air tickets in INR and pay for hotel stays similarly with an OCI. The OCI booklet can be used as an Indian ID whole boarding the plane. I have done this on 3 different domestic airlines in India without any problems

For domestic flight booking in India you can book by your India bank debt card/ credit card. While boarding domestic flight one can show Indian driving license or PAN card as ID. Many have still the voter ID card one can also show that. One can get PAN card by sending form while in India and the official fee is only rupees 65 and they send the PAN card in 7-15 days. If one has India driving license one can renew the driving license and if Indian driving license is not expired more then 5 years it is easy to renew it.

One can get PAN card by sending form while in India and the official fee is only rupees 65 and they send the PAN card in 7-15 days. If one has India driving license one can renew the driving license and if Indian driving license is not expired more then 5 years it is easy to renew it.

When applying for a PAN card, there is an option for paying by check. Is this the way it works: We pay a check at some HDFC Bank branch, then send the payment receipt with the PAN application. That is, we don't enclose a check with the application, but rather enclose the payment receipt that the bank provides us. Can someone please confirm?

The PAN instructions don't say this explicitly, but they seem to imply the above.

Regards.
RN

When applying for a PAN card, there is an option for paying by check. Is this the way it works: We pay a check at some HDFC Bank branch, then send the payment receipt with the PAN application. That is, we don't enclose a check with the application, but rather enclose the payment receipt that the bank provides us. Can someone please confirm?

The PAN instructions don't say this explicitly, but they seem to imply the above.

Regards.
RN
Every city has PAN collection Forms and Paying the fees in Cash Rupees 94, at the counter when you give the form with your information on it with your India address (copy of Ration card if your name is listed with other family members Or copy of Bank passbook first page that has your photo and address (SBI bank passbook is with photo) or copy of Electric bill/ phone bill/ India driving licence. One can also pay the fee by demand draft, credit card, Cheque.

If one needs the PAN to be dispatched out of India then Fee is 774 Rupees.
*UTITSL (first link is better and they send Card in 7 to 15 days)

http://www.utitsl.co.in/pan/
https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/index.html
https://tin.tin.nsdl.com/pan/index.html