Can we stamp H4 if H1 is rejested for any reason

sarathynp

Registered Users (C)
My wife has H4 visa extension. After that she applied for change to H1 and she is now in H1.
We have appointment in Mumbai for her H1 stamping. If she lands into any issue, can she request for H4 based on H4 extension which is already approved.

Could somebody help if we have both H1 and H4 approval

My wife has H4 visa extension. After that she applied for change to H1 and she is now in H1.
We have appointment in Mumbai for her H1 stamping. If she lands into any issue, can she request for H4 based on H4 extension which is already approved.
Could somebody help if we have both H1 and H4 approval?

I don't see an obvious reason that a failed H-1B visa attempt would lead to an H-4 visa denial automatically. A lot would depend on why the H-1B is denied. If the applicant is deemed inadmissable to the US, then any visa would be denied until a waiver is successfully sought.

timing

I don't see an obvious reason that a failed H-1B visa attempt would lead to an H-4 visa denial automatically. A lot would depend on why the H-1B is denied. If the applicant is deemed inadmissable to the US, then any visa would be denied until a waiver is successfully sought.
Agree with you.My questions is more on timing. Can she file on the same day when H1 interview is scheduled

That I seriously doubt since she will be applying at a very busy consulate. One option is to book two appointments spaced out by a day to cover if the first (H-1B) application is a bust. Now whether the consulate lets an applicant book two appointments is another story.

H1B & H4 stamping

Thanks for the information Mr. Ghori.

I had my H1B visa stamped from London, UK. My wife & son had from India.

Now I am planning to go for the visa stamping in Mexico and I read some website that the first stamping should be from home country then only you can appear visa at Mexico or Canada?? Please correct me if I am wrong?

Much appreciated if someone can share their experience in this regard.

Thank you.