Can we get passport stamping in foreign consular office.

ajay123

Registered Users (C)
My friend got I-485 approval notice. Curently he is in India on Advanced parole which will expire on june 1st. He underwent surgery and can not travel before expiry date. Can he get stamping in India consular office?. If so, then does he need just the approval notive AP/PHOTOS?.

Thanks.

I donot think he can get passport stamped like that.

He applied for AOS. To get passport stamped in home country he needs to do CP. However I beleive that he can get his AP extended if somebody can apply for him here in the US giving those reasons which u described. Then he can come back to the US and be granted "deferred inspection" at a POE.

***DISCLAIMER*** I am not an immigration attorney and the above should not be construed as LEGAL advice.

I spoke with IIO

Below is what i undestood talking to the IIO.
I EXPLAINED THE IIO ON THIS CASE. HE SAID THAT MY FRIEND CAN GO TO THE U.S CONSULAR OFFICE IN INDIA AND EXPLAIN THE SITUATION OF MIDICAL PROBLEM TO TRAVEL WITHIN THE AP EXPIRY DATE. SHE SAID MY FRIEND HAS GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING THE PASSPORT STAMP THERE.
SHE ALSO SAID IT WILL BE CONFLICTING ( NOT EXACT WORD ) FOR INS TO APPROVE AN EXTENSION ON THE ADVANCED PAROLE BECAUSE OF THE I-485 APPROVAL.

HOPE THIS WILL HELP FOR THOSE WHO ARE IN THIS SITUATION.

Most indian consulates

have a different phone line and entrance to immigration. They will be lot more courteous to immigrants, especially for those approved- And they can easily verify the approval.

No Title

How can IIO ask your friend to go to the US consulate in India when he/she is not in a position to travel?

rk2 asks your friend to use a ship or car to travel to US :))

And get the d*&n stamp anyway.

No Title

whats wrong in saying this. Do you expect the INS people to come to your home to stamp on your passport?
She told that this is the only option available because the person is in India and is unable to travel before expiry date. She didn\'t say that they should put a stamp on the passport but told that she can\'t talk for US embessey in India.
Anyway, My friend can travel within the expiry date but given a chance not to do so. I was just trying to help me out.

It would have been really good if an attorney suggests their opinion in this kinda of cases.

Related question on I-485 approval after going overseas on AP

My spouse went overseas few weeks back on Advanced Parole. Couple of days later, I received i-485 approvals for both!

Now I am not sure if my spouse should use AP for re-entry (and get GC stamping later at local INS office) OR show approval notice at Port of Entry and get the GC stamped right there. I heard AP is not valid once GC is approved.

if you have had similar situation please let us know how you handled it? No guess please.

I spoke with IIO

IIO Told me that the person who is on AP can enter USA using it befor its expiration offcourse irrespective of Green card approval.
Folks, It is simple logic.
AP is given for the same reason of entering USA while I-485 is being processed. you dont use AP while going out, so, it is the only evidence as a VISA to enter and get the passport stamping.

My problem is,
What if a person wants to enter USA after the expiration and whos greeen card is approved while in foreign country?. Can the person go to the local INS and request for a Passport stamping giving the genuine medical reason?.

I am not a lawyer, so, use your judjement.

No Title

Can\'t someone get a passport stamping in foriegn consular office giving medical reason for not able to travel to USA?.

What if the reason is any other reason, like family problem or similar?

I dont think anybody has gone thru this, so you can only speculate.