Can we do h1b and h4 revalidation in Canada or Mexico?

dan2005

Hi,

can we do h1b and h4 revalidation in Canada or Mexico or do we need to go to home country to the revalidation?

Thanks,
Dan

dan2005 said:
Hi,

can we do h1b and h4 revalidation in Canada or Mexico or do we need to go to home country to the revalidation?
----------- you can do but if visa got rejected be ready to go directly to your home country from Canada or Mexico as you will not be allowed back to US from Canada or Mexico if visa is rejected
Thanks,
Dan

Can we go to Mexico or Canada if stamp in passport has expired before 12 months

But can we go to Mexico or Canada for a visa renewal if the visa stamp on the passport has expired more than a year ago and you have the approval for the extension?

HopingForGC said:
But can we go to Mexico or Canada for a visa renewal if the visa stamp on the passport has expired more than a year ago and you have the approval for the extension?
------------ YES you can GO for new Visa stamp but if visa got rejected be ready to go directly to your home country from Canada or Mexico as you will not be allowed back to US from Canada or Mexico if visa is rejected ( even if you have H1 extension approval with attached I-94).

** I hope you are mixing the "new Visa stamp" and"automatic Visa revalidation" if you DONT apply for VISA STAMP in Canada or Mexico then you can visit Canada or Mexico and CAN enter US if your trip is less than 30 days AND you dont apply for VISA Stamp. if you apply Visa stamp and it gets rejected then read the above statement

for clarification purpose, does it mean that if my h1 stamp on the passport has expired and i am working in u.s. on h1-extn approval papers, that i can visit canada for less than 30 days and then re-enter u.s. with just the approved 797 in hand and no re-stamping done? the 797 that i hold does not have an attached i-94 with it.

rkg12345 said:
for clarification purpose, does it mean that if my h1 stamp on the passport has expired and i am working in u.s. on h1-extn approval papers, that i can visit canada for less than 30 days and then re-enter u.s. with just the approved 797 in hand and no re-stamping done? the 797 that i hold does not have an attached i-94 with it.
----- NO you cannot as you dont have I-94 attached with H1 extension.
One CAN go to Canada with Canada Visa and if one has Valid I-94 can enter back to US from Canada or Mexico if the visit is less than 30 days. search for DOS site for( automatic visa revalidation)
** if you dont have valid I-94 how you are staying in US? you are staying illeglay, talk to your lawyer ASAP