can we ask expediate name check from FBI?

givemegreencard

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,
I just got the reply from FBI regarding my name check status inquiry.
I was told that USCIS asked the name check last May, but it is still
pending in FBI there - probably this is why I have not received any
news for my pending I485.

My question is can we ask expedite name check from FBI??
Anybody has this experience, or letter format??? How we can approch it?

Thanks in tons.

We are in the same boat. It looks like no way to expedize the naem check. Why don't we join together to collect some ideas about this. ic

yes, I agree, Can you give me more details about your situation.
It seems that it is rather unfair to delay my name check for such long time while others are alreay cleared.
thanks

me too

my name check started in sep 03 and still pending. Asked congressman but does not help either.

I just faxed the letter to ask for an expedite name check for my and my wife's cases. Let us see. I will share the result If any.

Pray for me, guys. :)

This is what I just found:
For unknown reasons, FBI has been holding off name check requests from USCIS for certain individuals until the applicants contacts FBI. Applicants interested in checking the status of this check should fax a status request to 202-324-3367 David Hardy, Chief RID Section, FBI Headquarters, Washington, DC 20535 with his/her full name, DOB, country of birth, home address, home telephone no., A# and USCIS petition number and a return fax number. They normally respond in 10 days. David Hardy at FBI is the Chief of RID section that handles Name Check requests. If anyone finds out that the name check has been pending for a long time write a letter to Mr. Hardy requesting to "expedite the processing of name check request from USCIS" bringing to his attention the time period the name check has been pending. In addition, you can write to Robert J. Garrity Jr. Executive Assistant Director, Records Management Division at FBI Headquarters; Mr. Garrity is Mr. Hardy's boss. Also FBI Headquarters main number is: 202-324-3000 (ask the operator to transfer you to a supervisor in Mr. Hardy's section).

udacha6 said:
This is what I just found:
For unknown reasons, FBI has been holding off name check requests from USCIS for certain individuals until the applicants contacts FBI. Applicants interested in checking the status of this check should fax a status request to 202-324-3367 David Hardy, Chief RID Section, FBI Headquarters, Washington, DC 20535 with his/her full name, DOB, country of birth, home address, home telephone no., A# and USCIS petition number and a return fax number. They normally respond in 10 days. David Hardy at FBI is the Chief of RID section that handles Name Check requests. If anyone finds out that the name check has been pending for a long time write a letter to Mr. Hardy requesting to "expedite the processing of name check request from USCIS" bringing to his attention the time period the name check has been pending. In addition, you can write to Robert J. Garrity Jr. Executive Assistant Director, Records Management Division at FBI Headquarters; Mr. Garrity is Mr. Hardy's boss. Also FBI Headquarters main number is: 202-324-3000 (ask the operator to transfer you to a supervisor in Mr. Hardy's section).
udacha6: Well done. This is really a good piece of info. Where did you get this? Can you share some sample expedite letter? Thanks. ic

Last edited by a moderator:
Please share expediate letter to FBI name check!

Do you think email would be OK if I just email Mr. Hardy?

Forget to mention that

my spouse's name checking has been with FBI since Jan 2003. I faxed and Mr. Hardy replied back saying the name check for spouse had been pending. INS didn't request my name check.

I-485 pending for almost 3 years now.

HateINS2 said:
Do you think email would be OK if I just email Mr. Hardy?

HOw do i know if FBI name check is pending or not

Is there any way that i can find out if FBI name check is pending or not.. should i call FBI to find out?

itsmme123 said:
Is there any way that i can find out if FBI name check is pending or not.. should i call FBI to find out?

Yes, could someone elaborate on this please and correct / comment on the following:

From what I can tell:

#1 the request for the FBI to do a name check has nothing to do with fingerprinting?

#2 name check requests are handled directly between the USCIS and FBI (no notice is sent to the applicant)?

#3 any idea what prompts the USCIS to ask for a name check? Is it just a random thing that could happen to anyone?

ETA

I faxed a letter

to fax number given above. My wife's case is still pending with LUD 5/6/2004. I guess its some security check ordered. So i faxed the name check inquiry and how soon can I hear from them. Also, I choosed the reply to be via email. will they email us?

I got approved on 7/1 and got stamping on 7/20 and still waiting for card.

Thanks.

When does USCIS sends namecheck enquiry?

Hi guys,

When does USCIS sends the namecheck enquiry? When it receives the application or when it is ready to adjudicate? Please let me know if someknow the answer for this.

Vir_74

I too faxed letter to FBI yesterday for name check status. I will post details as soon as receive any response from FBI. Does anyone have idea how long it takes to get response from FBI?

RD 06/26/2002
ND 07/01/2002
FP1: 08/22/2002
FP2: 03/04/2004
FP3: 06/03/2004
RFE: 06/15/2004
RFE Update: 07/07/2004
AD??

it varies, for me, it is about 3 weeks.

bangloreboy said:
I too faxed letter to FBI yesterday for name check status. I will post details as soon as receive any response from FBI. Does anyone have idea how long it takes to get response from FBI?

RD 06/26/2002
ND 07/01/2002
FP1: 08/22/2002
FP2: 03/04/2004
FP3: 06/03/2004
RFE: 06/15/2004
RFE Update: 07/07/2004
AD??

whenever they feel like....

just kidding....but see my case, it was asked b4 they adjudicate, but in some cases, i have seen much earlier to adjudicate