Can we apply for AP at the District Office?

Rajkumar_2001

Registered Users (C)
Can we (i-485 pending candidates) apply for AP at the local district office as apposed to Service Centers. I am not talking about Emergency AP but just the regular one.

Everyone knows that it takes 5 - 6 months to get AP from Service centers. Looking at the processing status for the district offices, it appears the situation is much better. They are processing Feb 04 applications. Some of the district office's "About Us" pages also say that I-131 can be applied at the office.

Any comments from the experts or people who had applied such applications greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Can we (i-485 pending candidates) apply for AP at the local district office as apposed to Service Centers?
----- You have to apply AP with service center where your I-485 is pending. Once I-485 is transferred to local office for interview then you can apply with local USCIS office before interview date

Ginnu, Thanks for your reply. So are you saying that the AP application gets transferred from Service centers to the district office under some circumstances. hmm.... interesting.

So, there is no other option except to apply at Service centers?

Thank you.

So, there is no other option except to apply at Service centers?
---- appply with service center, no other option