Can Visa for parent be denied if she has Blood Pressure?

tanga

Registered Users (C)
Hello everyone,

I have one question, can immigrant visa be denied if my mother's has a higher blood pressure? Because Dr. told my mother that, she has higher blood pressure when she was taken her medical exam. Even though my mother never had BP. Thanks,

Hypertension is not grounds for inadmissibility on health reasons. But your mother should get her BP down.

Thanks, she went again on Monday 11/23/2009 and Dr. told her to come back again on Tuesday in order to look at her heart and her kidney. Is this normal?

Interview Dec. 2 2009.

Thanks, she went again on Monday 11/23/2009 and Dr. told her to come back again on Tuesday in order to look at her heart and her kidney. Is this normal?

Interview Dec. 2 2009.

Not a medical Dr, but nothing is normal in the field of medicine. High blood pressure won't be ground for denial or half of immigrants on this board wouldn't be here..:cool:

Kidney problems can cause high BP. She can be denied if it is believed that her health would cause her to become a public charge and need taxpayer funded health case such as dialysis.

PUBLIC CHARGE is also grounds for refusal. Dialysis is very expensive and not likely to be affordable for immigrant with NO health insurance.

PUBLIC CHARGE is also grounds for refusal. Dialysis is very expensive and not likely to be affordable for immigrant with NO health insurance.

Yeah but isn't the person getting an affidavit of support from the sponsor (the child who is sponsoring). Doesn't the sponsorship mean that the person sponsoring is responsible for all expenses including medical? Where does it imply that the person will become a public charge?

AP

stress causes BP to go up. Needless to say mother could be stressed out that day. It happens to everyone. Even me.

Kidney problems can cause high BP. She can be denied if it is believed that her health would cause her to become a public charge and need taxpayer funded health case such as dialysis.

This is the classic conjecture bias, both in terms of law and medicine. I can speak on one at least: kidney problems can cause increase in BP, but so can 30+ other things. Checking heart and kidney conditions is fairly routine and nothing should be read into it.

Dialysis ? really?, there is no information here that the OP has provided that assumes any such condition. 30% of Americans over 40 have some sort of hypertension issues. Assuming BP would be caused by kidney issues and then would need dialysis is a giant leap of faith.

Public charge is NOT related to such conditions and as several people mentioned here (Al, RC, Resident), and is not grounds of denial.

Agreed. I'm not concerned here. While BP and kidney issues "could" cause inadmissibility on public health grounds if they are in an advanced state, this strikes me as more medical concern than immigration concern.

Thanks everyone for giving me a helpful information. My mother went to checked her heart and her kidney on Monday, Nov. 23 2009 and everything went fine:D:D. But, she still have a higher blood pressure. The good news is that, she completed her medical exam. Now just wait for the next big test (Interview).

Thanks everyone.

Interview Dec. 2 2009.

Since a person requiring certain medical support for a lifetime and they become eligible for Medicaid after a specific period of residency, they could eventually become a public charge. Besides, look up the recent article about dialysis patients in Atlanta and the annual cost. How many people can afford the $50,000 per year quoted in at least one place.

OP, it sounds like her HBP will be treated by medication and should be a non-issue. Unfortunately, this is not always the case as should be evident by the additional medical tests required. It will make it very difficult to obtain medical insurance and treatment for conditions related to the HPB will not be covered by most policies.

Since a person requiring certain medical support for a lifetime and they become eligible for Medicaid after a specific period of residency, they could eventually become a public charge. Besides, look up the recent article about dialysis patients in Atlanta and the annual cost. How many people can afford the $50,000 per year quoted in at least one place.

The first point is taken, but unless there is a case of serious and protracted history of hypertension (and allied side effects) this is NOT an immigration concern at this point.
The dialysis part still baffles me, I am not sure where this came from or why its cost is relevant at all. While hypertension is common in hemo and peritoneal dialysis patients, attribution of dialysis to hypertension is baseless. That part of your argument is confounding at best.

The additional test reported implied that the official was concerned about kidney disease as a possible cause of HBP. That could indicate long term treatment either by transplant or dialysis. Both are extremely expensive and would likely lead the person to being on government paid treatment.

I’m a dialysis patient for almost 4 years my fiancé petitioned me and my 10 years old son.. I’m worried if they will denied our visa.. we have embassy interview this coming March 2019.. can anyone knows about this kind of situation?