can they reject my I485 and I130? Please help!

babypanda

Registered Users (C)
originally i entered as J-1 visitor then wanted to change it to B2 tourist so i filed I-539 (APPLICATION TO EXTEND/CHANGE NON-IMMIGRANT STATUS) they sent me a letter requesting additional documents but i never replied them back so it was denied and i got out of status. also i lost my DS form, the one i entered the US with J-1 and lost notice of action regarding I-539 as well. NOW i only have I-94 with my visa attached to my passport, right now im married to USC and applying for GC (I-485 AND I-130 filing together) is it gonna affect it anyhow? the missing/lost documents, can they reject my application because i lost my DS form and notice of action?

i think they require you to attach them as well, but im not gonna be able to, because i dont have them
any feedback will be appreciated!

originally i entered as J-1 visitor then wanted to change it to B2 tourist so i filed I-539 (APPLICATION TO EXTEND/CHANGE NON-IMMIGRANT STATUS) they sent me a letter requesting additional documents but i never replied them back so it was denied and i got out of status. also i lost my DS form, the one i entered the US with J-1 and lost notice of action regarding I-539 as well. NOW i only have I-94 with my visa attached to my passport, right now im married to USC and applying for GC (I-485 AND I-130 filing together) is it gonna affect it anyhow? the missing/lost documents, can they reject my application because i lost my DS form and notice of action?

Look at your visa in your passport. Does it say that your subject to INA 212(e) or not subject. That is the thing to be concerned about. IF you are subject, you either have to complete the two year home residence requirement or get a waiver even as the spouse of a USC. That is probably what they inquired about in the I-539 application.

Last edited by a moderator: