Can someone share Oath experience?

Immi2001

Registered Users (C)
I had the interview back in early November 2007 but have not received the oath letter. I'm just trying to gather some information about it. Hopefully the letter can come soon and I can be ready quickly.

Can some of you share your experience? I know it would be different from city to city, but there may be some commonalities.

Roughly how long is the whole process from the start to receiving the certificate?
If cememony is scheduled for 1pm, should I get there 10 to 15 minutes earlier?
Can I leave once certificate is received?
Is business casual ok for the ceremony?

Thanks a lot for your help
immi2001

If you are talking about administrative oath (not judicial infront of judge), then for 1 PM, you can reach a little earlier. It should take 1/1.5 hours max. You give them your GC and get Nat Cert at the end. Business casual is fine for the oath.

Search this forum (Using search button above in blue bar) for oath experience. You will get lot of information.

Read my very first post on these forums dated 11/21/2006. I have a very detailed post with regards to my oath ceremony in Chicago.

Can some of you share your experience? I know it would be different from city to city, but there may be some commonalities.

Roughly how long is the whole process from the start to receiving the certificate?

My ceremony and my wife's were both about an hour, but you have quite a long wait from when you arrive. Even though they tell you to arrive at a specifc time, that is not the time the ceremony actually starts.

If cememony is scheduled for 1pm, should I get there 10 to 15 minutes earlier?

No harm in getting there 10-15 before your time. You'll have to line up anyway while they check your oath letter and take your green card.

Can I leave once certificate is received?

Yes, they only give it to you at the very end...as you are leaving.

Is business casual ok for the ceremony?

Yes