can someone help me about one year evidence for green card

assyle

Registered Users (C)
what kind of bills can i get (for one year evidence) when i apply for green card.
i havn't kept my bills with me, can some body give me some suggestions. is it supposed to be 12 bills or what?
thanks

what kind of bills can i get (for one year evidence) when i apply for green card.
i havn't kept my bills with me, can some body give me some suggestions. is it supposed to be 12 bills or what?
thanks

you don't need evidence while applying. If they need it they will ask for it after you have applied. They are able to tell if you have traveled outside the US straight from their DHS system. (see green card requirements at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf)

Last edited by a moderator:
But i dont see any problem in giving an evidence ,instead if they send you an RFE ,your application will take some time again ,so I think it is still good to send but I don't mean Mr Bird is wrong.But concerning your bills ,you can either print out your phone bills ,I guess when you pay for your phone bills they usually keep record of that.Also if you have insurance ,you can get those bills from their website too.Infact bills include all you pay for a service but mostly will include those you use your SSN.Hope it helps

thanks, both of you for your advise.

my landlord is gonna write a letter that i have been staying here, does that letter need to be notarized?
also i am trying get record of some bills and bank statements so hopefully it would work.

thanks, both of you for your advise.

my landlord is gonna write a letter that i have been staying here, does that letter need to be notarized?
also i am trying get record of some bills and bank statements so hopefully it would work.

Notarization is not required.

As you are on an anonymous website, would you mind sharing the basis for your asylum application? Is it affirmative (filed with USCIS) or defensive (filed before an Immigration Judge)? Was it filed within one year of entry?

basis was religion, affirmative and within one year, during status and was approved in 2 weeks.
are you sure notraziation is not required?/any experience