Can my 13-year-old son's green card be revoked?

luckySAboy

Registered Users (C)
I filed for my son's green card three years ago. He was in Grenada at the time and moved to the U.S. to live with me. Last year I sent him back to Grenada to vacation with his mother and she is refusing to send him back. In March, it will be one year since my son left the U.S. Can his green card be revoked given that he has no control over whether he can come back? My son just turned 13.

Thanks

Did your son before leaving US get advance parole approved?While you have filed for GC/AOS you should have got it using Form I-131.

Did your son before leaving US get advance parole approved?While you have filed for GC/AOS you should have got it using Form I-131.

Hi, thanks for your response. My son had his green card for more than two years before he went to Grenada. He was living with me in New York. I sent him to Grenada for a vacation. I expected his mother to send him back after his two-week vacation. So I did not apply for advance parole for him. Is it normal to apply for advance parole when going on a vacation?

I've been out of the country on vacation a few times since getting my green card in '09, the same time as my son, and I've never applied for advance parole.

Have you been granted full custody by a court in Grenada or the US or both? Is he a citizen of Grenada?

Depending on the facts, what she's doing could be considered international kidnapping (especially if you have full custody), and you may be able to get the police in Grenada to take him away from her. And possibly lock her up.