Can I work for 2 companies?

puja101

Registered Users (C)
Ok here is the situation. My visa status is I485 filed , maintaining H1B visa bcoz my spouse is on H4. I have lately got an offer from a company. I want to join that company and at the same time i want to work for my current company for next 3 months from home as my H1B visa is valid until 2009 with them. New company HR told me that thay will transfer my H1B visa. Could anybody tell me if I can work for my current company after my H1B is transferred. Will appreciate it.

Many thanks!

Do not transfer your H1 ask new company HR to make a concurrent H1 for you.

Ok here is the situation. My visa status is I485 filed , maintaining H1B visa bcoz my spouse is on H4. I have lately got an offer from a company. I want to join that company and at the same time i want to work for my current company for next 3 months from home as my H1B visa is valid until 2009 with them. New company HR told me that thay will transfer my H1B visa. Could anybody tell me if I can work for my current company after my H1B is transferred. Will appreciate it.

Many thanks!

Thanks! Is it going to be as easy as H1B transfer. Do I have to tell new company that I want to keep my existing H1B visa. Please help

Like I said above my H1B is valid with my current company until 2009. If I transfer my H1B visa to another company and after six months wanted to join back to my current company. Do I have to transfer H1B again.

Thanks! If I stop working for my current company after 3 months and I need to go out of USA. Do I have to restamp my passport based on concurrent H1 maintained by new company.

If you terminate employee/employer relationship with your (visa stamped)employer, you need to get new visa stamp. If you ae in concurrent H1 then the main H1 sponser visa needed not the part time H1b sponse. When you are concurrent H1 you shuld not stop working with your priciple H1 sponser , if you want to stop then you must transfer your H1 to part time sponser.

Thanks! If I stop working for my current company after 3 months and I need to go out of USA. Do I have to restamp my passport based on concurrent H1 maintained by new company.

Thanks Great guru! Looks like I have to transfer my H1B. Do I have to file I539 for my spouse as well. Also can my spouse go out of country and return on prevous employer stamp as it is valid until 2009.

Many thanks!

z
Thanks Great guru! Looks like I have to transfer my H1B. Yes , but not immediately. Do I have to file I539 for my spouse as well. Also can my spouse go out of country and return on prevous employer stamp as it is valid until 2009. Yes
Many thanks!

Thanks again! I just want now to transfer H1B from my current company to new company. My question is "Do I have to file I539 for my spouse as well. Also can my spouse go out of country and return on prevous employer stamp as it is valid until 2009." Will appreciate your inputs.