Can I work as Independent Consultant on EAD

nicegood

Registered Users (C)
I am currently on H1 and am about to get my EAD. I wanted to know if I can quit my job and start working as a Independent Consultant (1099 instead of W2) after getting my EAD(my spouse has applied for GC and not me). Kindly help.

My Spouse has applied for GC

Since my application for GC is as a Spouse, I don\'t think I need a employer. I guess that was my question to which jaxen replied that I can work as a independent consultant. Jaxen if you read this msg. could you pl. clarify if I need a employer.

No Title

only the primary applicant for GC will need a sponsor. since yours is as spouse, you can work for anyone and as anything.

Can primary applicant also do W2 contracting if laid off

Can the primary applicant do W2 contracting using EAD if his employer has laid him off within 180 days ?

I can get a letter from W2 contracting company that it is a similar job and with a similar title etc.

Any impact on the GC process ?

Jaxen - Can the Primary applicant with a Sponsor take up any Job ( not related to original professio

Jaxen - Can the Primary applicant with a Sponsor take up any Job ( not related to original profession ) on EAD

Is your status adjustment based on employment

or family. You talk about -sponsor.
If it is family based - no problem
If it is employment based- can work . But if INS asks for employment verification (again) or calls for an interview BEFORE approval then you need to hold a job in the field mentioned in LC/140 and with similar responsibilities.

Thanks Jaxen!! It is Employment based.

By \'hold a job\' does it also mean future job offer. Thanks again.