Can I use Refugee Travel Document to go to HK?

Chinesehero

Registered Users (C)
Dear Friends:

Can anybody help me? My company requires me to go to HK for a business trip. My Chinese passport was refused to re-issue by Chinese Embassy. I got mt G/C last Oct. Can I use Refugee Travel Document to go to Hong Kong as I am native Chinese? Need I go to Chinese Embassy to get VISA?
Any advise is welcome.

Yes, you can use a refugee travel document to Hong Kong, China and Macau. But you'll need a visa, they all have different requirements. Both Chinese and Hong Kong visa can be applied at a Chinese consulate. Macau visa is the easiest, you can get it at point of entry.

jmyeosf said:
He might be able to enter Hong Kong but not China, it's a very tricky situation

then, I could get VISA from China Embassy? Do you think China Embassy will give HK Visa? Is there HK section in China Embassy?

jmyeosf said:
Chinese consulate also issues visa for Hong Kong

Yes, the Same Chinese Embasy, one time refused to re-new my Chinese passport, do you think they will issue me HK visa?

Chinesehero said:
Yes, the Same Chinese Embasy, one time refused to re-new my Chinese passport, do you think they will issue me HK visa?
You can apply for one directy from the Hong Kong Immigration Department (by mail). Hong Kong is much better than a bunch of sick commies.

thankful said:
You can apply for one directy from the Hong Kong Immigration Department (by mail). Hong Kong is much better than a bunch of sick commies.

Thanks. Do you have their address?

why you have to get visa

I belive you are chinese who had china passport. then why you have to get visa to hong kong, HK is part of china, is it? why china embassy would issure a visa to chinese citizen. Don't get it.

Hong Kong Immigration Website

You can go to http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/home.htm for more information on how to apply the visa via mail. They also have chinese versions of the website if you prefer. It may take up to 4 weeks for them to process the visa so make sure you allow enough time, but I think if you can provide documentation to support your need to get the visa issued faster they may get it done sooner. Good luck.

talie777 said:
You can go to http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/home.htm for more information on how to apply the visa via mail. They also have chinese versions of the website if you prefer. It may take up to 4 weeks for them to process the visa so make sure you allow enough time, but I think if you can provide documentation to support your need to get the visa issued faster they may get it done sooner. Good luck.

many thanks.

Chinesehero said:
Dear Friends:

Can anybody help me? My company requires me to go to HK for a business trip. My Chinese passport was refused to re-issue by Chinese Embassy. I got mt G/C last Oct. Can I use Refugee Travel Document to go to Hong Kong as I am native Chinese? Need I go to Chinese Embassy to get VISA?
Any advise is welcome.

I know a lot of chinese like your situations get their passport renew. why you did not ? did your name in their black name list ? or did you show you passport with stamped code? (like A6, or A7)?

I appreciated your respose.