Can I use I-797C courtsey copy to file I485?

EB1EA-getter

Registered Users (C)
Hi Guys,

I applied I-140 through my attorney. My petition got approved. My lawyer got original approval notice and I got courtesy copy (I-797C).

I wanted to file I485 through my attorney. But, she told attorney fee will be $2100 per petition. So, I filed I485 on my own. While filing I-485, I sent the copy of the courtesy copy along with my petition, since I did not have the original approval notice.

Today, I saw that the courtesy copy says that "This courtesy copy may not be used in lieu of official notification to demonstrate the filing or processing action taken on this case". So does this mean that I should have send a copy of original notification? or the copy my my courtesy copy is sufficient?

Gurus... please suggest! Should I expect a RFE?

Thanks in advance.

Hi Guys,

I applied I-140 through my attorney. My petition got approved. My lawyer got original approval notice and I got courtesy copy (I-797C).

I wanted to file I485 through my attorney. But, she told attorney fee will be $2100 per petition. So, I filed I485 on my own. While filing I-485, I sent the copy of the courtesy copy along with my petition, since I did not have the original approval notice.

Today, I saw that the courtesy copy says that "This courtesy copy may not be used in lieu of official notification to demonstrate the filing or processing action taken on this case". So does this mean that I should have send a copy of original notification? or the copy my my courtesy copy is sufficient?

Thanks in advance.

Even a copy from I140 is not required, you are OK provided you send every thing else

Using the I-797C is fine for the purpose of filing the I-485.

Thanks you guys...

So you mean it is not a problem, if I dont have the original I-797, while submitting I-485.

I hope the copy of the I-797C (courtesy copy) should be fine. Let me see, what immigration officer will tell!

Thanks you guys...

So you mean it is not a problem, if I dont have the original I-797, while submitting I-485.

I hope the copy of the I-797C (courtesy copy) should be fine. Let me see, what immigration officer will tell!

If the I-140 was directly filed by you and not by employer then you can ask the lawyer for the I-140 approval notice. Lawyer need to give you the copy of I-140 filing reciept and I-140 approval if you directly filed through lawyer. ask the I-140 approval from Lawyer and If USCIS asks then send the copy(I dont think USCIS will ask for it)

What is your Extraordinary ability field???
Good Lock!!

Thanks.

My EB1EA was filed on May 25th 2009. Approved on June 30th, 2009. This was self sponsored. I did not go through employer.

Hi Guys,

Thanks in advance.
Hi I am in the same situation. What happened with your case? Did you get RFE or was your i485 application accepted? Any information will be helpful.
Thanks!