can I use AP while working on H1B

feelinglucky

Registered Users (C)
Dear all,

I am working on my H1b, but my visa stamping on my passport will expire in march. I would like to go my home country and it takes a while to get h1b stamped on my passport becase of waiting times. I already have ead and AP but i have,nt used them. So when I go to my home country can i return to US with out my H1b extension but travel on AP??? Your suggestions would be great help for us.

Thank you in advance

feelinglucky said:
Dear all,

I am working on my H1b, but my visa stamping on my passport will expire in march.
---------------file the H1 extension now
I would like to go my home country and it takes a while to get h1b stamped on my passport becase of waiting times. I already have ead and AP but i have,nt used them.
So when I go to my home country can i return to US with out my H1b extension but travel on AP???

-----you can come back to US with valid AP. if you have valid H1 extension better get H1 stamped , if any problem in H1 stamping then come back with AP

******* you can also get H1 stamped from Canada or Mexico. search the threads
Your suggestions would be great help for us.

Thank you in advance

Ginnu,

Thanks for your time, I started another thread regarding same issue and got some answers from you.

My AP approved on 2/14 and I am expecting papers any time this week.

Here is my case:
Working for Company A on H1, visa expired and new H1 valid until March 2009.
EAD/AP approved from Company B.

We are planning for India trip in March, Can I come back with AP and no need to go for H1/H4stamping? If we use AP it's not going to effect H1/H4 status, right?

Thanks,
-SR

Ginnu,

Thanks for your time, I started another thread regarding same issue and got some answers from you.

My AP approved on 2/14 and I am expecting papers any time this week.

Here is my case:
Working for Company A on H1, visa expired and new H1 valid until March 2009.

EAD/AP approved from Company B.

We are planning for India trip in March, Can I come back with AP and no need to go for H1/H4stamping?
------------------You can use AP
If we use AP it's not going to effect H1/H4 status, right?
---------------- it may as you are not going to work with B and your latest H1 is not through B, better try to get H1 and H4 vsa stamps.
Thanks,
-SR

____----