Can I travel outside the country while my US Citizenship status is pending and waiting for Naturaliz

fall2009

Registered Users (C)
Hi,

My Naturalization Interview has beed conducted on January, 29 2009.
I was approved and the officer told me that the Oath ceremony will be scheduled within 90 days.

Can I travel for 2 months outside the country while my US Citizenship status is pending and waiting for Naturalization Oath Ceremony?

Thank you.
I apprecate your concern.

Yes, but you risk having the oath notice arrive while you are away. Also, you'll have to disclose the trip on the oath letter N-445.

I wouldn't do it, unless you have someone who checks the mail and you can travel back on short notice.

You can travel. Just remember that the oath letter arrives sometimes as little as two weeks before the oath. The only problem here is you risk missing the oath. And that is not necessarily based on the 90 days. SOmetimes it can be more than 90 days, sometimes less. Any day estimate the USCIS gives you really amounts to nothing.

Hi,
Thank you for your time and help.
I am travelling alone, my husbund will stay here, but i dont know how long does it take to get the letter? I did some research on line, but i am confused. some people said that they received the letter 04 weeks after the interview, and others, after 5 months.
I live in Denver.
Any one knows the date of the naturalization Oath Ceremony in Denver ??
Thanks in advance.

How long is a piece of string?

Nobody can give an accurate answer to your question, at least your husband will be at home, if you are gone he can contact USCIS to reschedule.

Can I travel for 2 months outside the country while my US Citizenship status is pending and waiting for Naturalization Oath Ceremony?
2 months shouldn't be a problem, unless you already spent several months outside the US right before the interview.

Yes?

Check my time timeline and I knew my oath date after the interview.

DO NOT DO IT UNLESS YOU CAN COME BACK ON SHORT NOTICE!!

Despite the dyer warnings of some here, an applicant can always ask for an oath date to be rescheduled provided they give sufficient notice.

Just to let you know that i got my letter and i am schuduled for the 01/18/2009.
Thanks all for your time.

At this point, I'd wait since it's 6 days away.
But don't forget to obtain a US passport before you leave the country after becoming a USC.

Hi,
Thank you for your time and help.
I am travelling alone, my husbund will stay here, but i dont know how long does it take to get the letter? I did some research on line, but i am confused. some people said that they received the letter 04 weeks after the interview, and others, after 5 months.
I live in Denver.
Any one knows the date of the naturalization Oath Ceremony in Denver ??
Thanks in advance.

2 years ago my Oath letter came a few weeks after my interview in Denver and I was naturalized the next month. Other people have waited a lot longer.

There is no specific time frame to get it. You get it when you get it. You may get it and then the day before might be notified it's cancelled and re-schedualed. Again, it's the INS and nothing is carved in stone when you are to receive anything.

A few weeks to a few months seems to be the average, but then again as mentioned some have waited a lot longer and other in almost no time...

I got my Citizenship Certificate yesterday .
you have the possibility to apply for us passport there, so take with you all the documents when going to the oth ceremony.
the new us citizen.