Can I stay with TN while applying for permanent residency

Travelling to India while on TN with I 140 approval

I have my TN renewed on the border till 2012 ( 3year renewal). My I 140 is also approved. I have an emergency that requires me to travel to India next month. Will appreciate if anyone can educate me on what precautions should I take and are there any immigration requirements for me to reenter the country.

None. Tn is still valid for entry (and can be renewed) even when I-140 is approved.

Be sure you have a copy of your I-94, as this will expedite your re-entry, since in all likelihood your I-94 will be taken by airline as you depart US.

Thanks to nelsona. Is anyone who knows currently what is the period for PERM approval, is 60-90 days, right? Thanks.

As per the website it is 30-90 days, mine was approved in 90 days however I know some of my collegues are waiting for the last 6 months to recieve an approval. If there has been an audit requirement on your Perm Application - further delay can be expected for upto 2 years.

S Menon: In what category was PERM, I-140 filed ?

S Menon: In what category was PERM, I-140 filed ? EB2 or EB3?

Thanks,

Carmen

EB2 or EB3?

As per the website it is 30-90 days, mine was approved in 90 days however I know some of my collegues are waiting for the last 6 months to recieve an approval. If there has been an audit requirement on your Perm Application - further delay can be expected for upto 2 years.

S Menon: In what category was PERM, I-140 filed ? EB2 or EB3?

Thanks,

Carmen