Can I send app 90 days earlier?

CAHope

Registered Users (C)
Where can I find reference in law explaining that naturalization applicant can apply 90 days earlier before 3yr/5yr continuous residence?

you can send it 90 days early. But be careful of how you calculate 90 days. Better to send it 87 days in advance. Of late USCIS has been processing applications without any delay and in number of cases applicants are called for interview before they complete the mandatory 3/5 year period. Then it results in delay. Check your DO timeline in this forum and decide how soon to apply. Timeline varies with each DO

In the naturalization guide.

Thank you BobSmyth. So, this is the only place where they said about applying 90 days earlier? Isn’t there some kind of provision in law or similar?

By the way, is it recommended to apply 90 days earlier? NY district?

you can send it 90 days early. But be careful of how you calculate 90 days. Better to send it 87 days in advance. Of late USCIS has been processing applications without any delay and in number of cases applicants are called for interview before they complete the mandatory 3/5 year period. Then it results in delay. Check your DO timeline in this forum and decide how soon to apply. Timeline varies with each DO

Thank you. Good point. Now I have to ask is it recommended to apply 90 days earlier? NY district.

Thank you BobSmyth. So, this is the only place where they said about applying 90 days earlier? Isn’t there some kind of provision in law or similar?
The provisions are listed in INA 334(a), 8 USC 1445, and 8 CFR 334.2(b)
By the way, is it recommended to apply 90 days earlier? NY district?
What you do mean by recommended? You can apply up to 90 days before you have met continuous residency requirement, regardless of what DO you are serviced by.

The provisions are listed in INA 334(a), 8 USC 1445, and 8 CFR 334.2(b)
What you do mean by recommended? You can apply up to 90 days before you have met continuous residency requirement, regardless of what DO you are serviced by.

As they are processing app faster then before – should one risk mailing app 90 days earlier and then having interview before meeting 3/5yr period? As madh4 pointed out – this will delay decision.

I was wondering if others are mailing their app early too, or they are waiting to complete residence requirement of 3/5yr first?

As they are processing app faster then before – should one risk mailing app 90 days earlier and then having interview before meeting 3/5yr period? As madh4 pointed out – this will delay decision.

I was wondering if others are mailing their app early too, or they are waiting to complete residence requirement of 3/5yr first?
How would it delay application compared to waiting until 5 year anniversary?. For example, if you apply up to 90 days early and they schedule interview before 5 year mark, your application would be adjudicated and oath scheduled shortly after 5 year mark. However, if you first wait until 5 year mark to apply you're already behind (the up to 90 days if you applied earlier).

How would it delay application compared to waiting until 5 year anniversary?. For example, if you apply up to 90 days early and they schedule interview before 5 year mark, your application would be adjudicated and oath scheduled shortly after 5 year mark. However, if you first wait until 5 year mark to apply you're already behind (the up to 90 days if you applied earlier).

I wasn’t aware that app would be adjudicated even if applicant didn’t satisfy 3/5 yr residence requirement at the time of interview. I was under impression that IO will conduct interview and give “No decision can be made at this time” after what app would have to wait until fulfillment of 3/5yr mark.