Can I hold two TN visa for two different Company at the same time and work for both?

lakter0007

Registered Users (C)
I work for company A, and now I got another contract offer from company B.

1) My question is that - Can I get another TN for company B? If yes, company's B contract will finish within 6 month, but after that I will continue working for company A.
2) If I go to border for TN - I have to submit my old I-94 and get the new I-94 which is valid only 6 month. Is that going to be an issue for company A?
3) what will be the safer approach to apply for my 2nd TN - By mail or visiting in the border?

I would really appreciate your help. Thank you.

1. Yes
2. You do not submit your curent I-94; you get a second I-94, which has nothing to do with comapny A. You must keep an I-94 for each TN.
3. The border is fine.

Thank you very much. I really appreciate your quick response. I have another question about the same topic.

1. I have to work 40 hours a week for each company ( I will work for company B from home .week days+weekend) is it going to be a issue to get the TN visa.

CBP frowns upon 2 full-time jobs. The best approac would simply to get the second TN letter to describe your per hour rate. Then you can work as many (or as few) hours as needed on a weekly basis -- you are getting paid as contractor after all.

My wife was a nurse full time on TN. Then decided to get a 2nd TN to work as a systems analyst and only do nursing part time. When she went to the border to get the 2nd TN for Systems Analyst the border guy Bob Skuze at Rainbow bridge got angry and revoked her nursing TN saying in order to have 2 TN's they have to be in the same job category. You cant have one for nursing and one for systems analyst. Our attorney told us he was flat out wrong on that. Also that the nursing TN was for full time so she cant do it part time (also incorrect).

Sadly, it all depends who you get and they implement their own personal philosophy rather then the law. I wish there was more consistancy, guidelines and oversite and not so subjectively arbitrary. Having a good/bad day, Personal anger or 'frowned upon' should have not bearing on the CBP decision but sady it has just as much to do with it.