Can I have two H1Bs?

pm1012

Registered Users (C)
I have new job offer today. My H1B has been expired (6 yrs already). I am waiting for my H1B extension approval now. Per the status online, it should be approved in one or two weeks. My questions are:

1. Can I accept the offer and do H1B transfer while my 6 yrs H1B has been expired?

2. I heard that we can have 2 H1B (one with my current employer, one with the new one, assuming my current employer is willing to support me). Is it true? How does it work?

3. My greencard status is pending for Labor cert. If I am withdrawn from my current employer, my priority date will be re-started. If I can't have 2 H1B, can my current employer keep supporting my greencard while I have H1B with another employer?

4. The new company is in St. Louis but I will work at CA. Does anyone have idea if the processing time of greencard :confused: in St. Louis is better than in CA?

Many thanks

pm1012 said:
I have new job offer today. My H1B has been expired (6 yrs already). I am waiting for my H1B extension approval now. Per the status online, it should be approved in one or two weeks. My questions are:

1. Can I accept the offer and do H1B transfer while my 6 yrs H1B has been expired?
Provided your current employer does not cancell yur LC

2. I heard that we can have 2 H1B (one with my current employer, one with the new one, assuming my current employer is willing to support me). Is it true? How does it work? YES. If it filed concurrently.
3. My greencard status is pending for Labor cert. If I am withdrawn from my current employer, my priority date will be re-started. If I can't have 2 H1B, can my current employer keep supporting my greencard while I have H1B with another employer? YES

4. The new company is in St. Louis but I will work at CA. Does anyone have idea if the processing time of greencard :confused: in St. Louis is better than in CA?

LC is centralized, There will be no difference now until you goes to I 140Many thanks

Thank you very much for your information.

I don't quite understand Q2. What do you mean by filing it concurrently. I have got my H1B from my current employer three yrs ago. How can I file it concurrently?

Thanks again.

If you have H1 from Employer "A", and you are working 40 Hours per week, but you want to work employer "B" 15 hours per week also.
Inthis case employer "B" has to apply h1B for you under concurrent provision to work with them. Your H1 with employer A is valid and no distrubance to it.

pm1012 said:
Thank you very much for your information.

I don't quite understand Q2. What do you mean by filing it concurrently. I have got my H1B from my current employer three yrs ago. How can I file it concurrently?

Thanks again.

Concurrent H1B visa filing

I am a Speech Therapist working in Houston, Tx. I have a H1b wth my current company for whom I work full time. I want to work part time in a clinic.I realised that my second employer needs to file for a concurrent H1B Visa. Can someone guide me through the process of concurrent visa..what r the forms needed, whats the total cost etc. :confused: I have been trying to find info on the web but couldn't find much. Thanks!!!

How did you get your first H1?. The procedure and form is same. Only difference is you have to tick one box which says concurrent h1b filing.
shi_chandra said:
I am a Speech Therapist working in Houston, Tx. I have a H1b wth my current company for whom I work full time. I want to work part time in a clinic.I realised that my second employer needs to file for a concurrent H1B Visa. Can someone guide me through the process of concurrent visa..what r the forms needed, whats the total cost etc. :confused: I have been trying to find info on the web but couldn't find much. Thanks!!!

great guru said:
How did you get your first H1?. The procedure and form is same. Only difference is you have to tick one box which says concurrent h1b filing.

Thanks for the prompt reply. My primary company's lawyer had filied my 1st H1b but my 2nd company does not have an immigration lawyer so I'll have to hire a lawyer and get it done.