Can I have two 485?

Am I missing any document ? I would like to know what specific documents other than these are required for my spouse.

1.Form I-485 ( self ) + Form I-485 (wife), Application to Register Permanent Resident or Adjust Status with 2 photographs and filing fee of $395 ( filing fee for YOU and for Spouse,2 photo for each)

2.Form G-325A, Biographic Information
-------------your spouse also need to send and sign her G325A
3.Photocopy of Form I-140 approval receipt notice

4.Form I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status, results in a sealed envelope.
--------------------for Both
5.Evidence of current H1-B extension notice

6.Letter of Employment.
----with YOUR I-485
7.Notarized Photocopy of Birth & Marriage Certificate.
--------- Copy is enough (Notarized Photocopy not needed)
8.Notarized Photocopy of driver’s license, enlarged
--------------copy is enough not to be Notarized
9.Photocopy of all pages of current passport (including arrival/departure stamps, visa page)
----------correct, your PP copy with your I-485 and your spouse PP copy with her I-485

10.Photocopy of past three months of paychecks.
---------not needed, if send will not hurt
11.Photocopy of all W2 statements.

12.Evidence of current status: photocopy of front and back of I-94 Arrival/Departure Record.
----correct, your I-94 copy with your I-485 and spouse I-94 copy with her I-485
13.Evidence of lawful admission and maintenance of status: photocopies of all past I-797, I-20 approval notices and/or I-94 Arrival/Departure Records
14 formI-134 Notarized by Primary and attached with spouse I-485

--------------------

Ginnu,

I have a related question on two 485s. Can I apply for EAD and AP with both the applications if I file two 485s?

Are you sure it is possible to file two 485's. I filed one on Jul 2 through Company 1. I plan to file another one through Company 2 on July 24 2007. Will this have any issues if both are approvable?

Ginnu,

I have a related question on two 485s. Can I apply for EAD and AP with both the applications if I file two 485s?
-------------YES, but why to file two EAD AP and waste money? file EAD AP based on I-485 that you think is safe. I dont know the reason why you want to file second I-485, I dont remember your last post details or why you want to file second I-485.
----------------------

Are you sure it is possible to file two 485's.
-nothing in the law prevents you filing second I-485
I filed one on Jul 2 through Company 1.
I plan to file another one through Company 2 on July 24 2007.
Will this have any issues if both are approvable?
---------------------If one I-485 is approved then second I-485 is denied, one cant get two I-485 approved
---------------------

Ginnu,

Thanks for your response. Here is my situation. I have two GC applications in process with USCIS. Details are below.

1) EB2, I 140 approved, future employment based with priority date 2004 April, going to apply 485 soon.

2) EB3, I 140 applied, current employer with priority date April 2004 (actually, application was filed and approved in December 2006 but ported priority date to 2004 April from the other application while applying I 140). 485 applied including EAD and AP.

I am not sure who I am going to work for. So, should I apply for EAD and AP with both the apps or apply for one and use if I decided to move to other employer?

Ginnu,

the second EAD will be rejected with a note that you already have an EAD. Has happened to someone on this forum who applied a second 485+EAD+AP through his wife's application. It might be a good idea to file only 485 when you are filing the second time.

Ginnu,

Thanks for your response. Here is my situation. I have two GC applications in process with USCIS. Details are below.

1) EB2, I 140 approved, future employment based with priority date 2004 April, going to apply 485 soon.

2) EB3, I 140 applied, current employer with priority date April 2004 (actually, application was filed and approved in December 2006 but ported priority date to 2004 April from the other application while applying I 140). 485 applied including EAD and AP.

I am not sure who I am going to work for. So, should I apply for EAD and AP with both the apps or apply for one and use if I decided to move to other employer?

Can you port Priority Date from a previous I-140 when dealing with Different Employers?? Different EB category? Diff LC??

As for filing two I-485s - I'm following GINNU advice and filing my second one today... Lawyer says at most - they may ask you to choose - at a certain point - which one you want to proceed with. TO BE CONTINUED !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my case please respond
Perm approved EB3 category PD March 2007, Applying for I485 with my wife as dependent. My i-140 still pending.
My wife's perm approved EB2 category PD April 2007, Still in confusion to apply with my wife's case (as a dependent). Her I140 still pending.
Her consultant advised us to get the some experience letter from xyz company to apply for her EB2 category. We did that but the catch is we don't have W-2 for that but we do have the 2006 W2 form with her current employer.
with above situation following are questions
1. Does her W2 matters if applying on my I-140 (EB3)? or Recent one year W2 is enough for dependent.
2. I am thinking not to add her past employer with my I-485 case? Will there be any problems.
3. If we do not write her past employer in my I-485 does this means that we should withdraw her I-140 and forget we have choice of EB2.
4. Or it doesn't matter we can apply both.

Ginnu...need your help and advice...

My I-485 approved on 5/08/2007 with PD 8/2001, EB2 non-retrogression country. Filed my husband AOS the same day of my approval. It's all because my approval came too faster (04/07 got my I-140 approved) and we didn't have enough time to do his medical yet. As of June 22, he had done his fingerprint, code 3; ref on AP requested copy of my approved I-140 (though we did put in the package)

And now all of the sudden, his LC got clear yesterday and his company is planning to apply I-140/485 concurrent for him. He is EB2 / PD 09/2005.

Will it hurt him to apply 2 AOS? My lawyer told me this is totally waste of our time and money to file another one based on his EB2 since mine has already been approved. Derivative won't get rejected. Is this true?

FYI, he is holding H1b now...but I dun think his company will renew another year since it came to this stage.

Thanks for your kind attention & I will check the web every hour to see if there is any response and help from your all:)

two 485 but my lawyer screwed up

Ginnu or Guru's

My lawyer screwed up by sending My wifes 485 application was send to VSC instead of TSC on July 3, 2007. I am not sure what is going to happen to it?

I am thinking of refiling her 485 by sending another copy with all the initial evidence and also with a cover letter stating the why we are sending a another copy

I had a few questions?

1. Whats going to happen to the VSC application? I have a feeling it would probably be rejected? Any Comments???????
2. If somehow the VSC application finds its way to TSC then what are the consequences since now TSC would probably have 2 485 application.
Would they generate receipt for both the applications or the 2nd application would be rejected or both would be rejected?

I was thinking if both the applications are receipted then in that case later I would withdraw 1 application?

Any advice from Guru's appreciated on Legal status and effect on her case in near by future?

My application is already pending with TSC, with PD Aug 2005 India and 485 - RD Sep 2005.

Thanks