Can I have a second job with EAD?

niwwin

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

Could anyone answer my questions below? I really appreciate it.
My NIW case is stilling pending for I-140. I got EAD right now (concurrent filing). I am working full-time on my H-1 visa now. I can do another part-time or contract job with my EAD? will that have any negative impact on H-1 visa and on-going GC application?

Thanks and Have a nice weekend everybody,
Ben

you can

but by doing so, you will have to give up the H1.
using ead one can have as many jobs as you want but by using ead, one invalidates the H1.
I would not do so before the 140 gets approved since unlike regular cases, for self-petitioned ones, 140 is THE big step and going on ead before 140 is approved is risky.
Best Wishes.

Thanks a lot.

But if my wife is in H-4 status, will her using of EAD (filed with me) invalidate my H-1 and her H-4?

Ben

But if my wife is in H-4 status, will her using of EAD (filed with me) invalidate my H-1 and her H-4?
---- Spouse using EAD will NOT invalidate your H1 status but she will NOT be on H4 status if she uses EAD she will need AP for travel to US. Do you know that for NIW and EB1 they ask more RFE before approval of I-140 and they take more time to look for the evidence that you submit for NIW or EB1?
Do you know what will happen if I-140 is denied? EAD, AP I-485 all will be denied. If I am in your situation I will not use EAD or will not allow my spouse to use EAD and will maintain H1 and H4 status till the date I-140 is not approved