can i go to my original country

clisp said:
Fasal , i feel you , however don't waste your breath ,
Some folks on this forum take advantage of their country conditions and apply for asylum in this country.
Their only fear is of spiders , hights and some other phobias cause clearly they go back , renew passports and do all they want cause some official told them to do so ... keep in mind always read the ***law*** . So Faysal , please dont try and make sense , you waste your time
People take advantage of the system and this is the reason we loosing freedoms in this country , your good intention or reasonable explanation will be seen as hostile . This topic has been publicized many of times .
Peace ! and "May God continue to bless you and your familly" <<< fav quote i've heared W say ;-)

I agree with you 10000000000000000000000000000%

Travelco said:
I don't think so Faysal.
Why do you think if I come back to my COP means I got my asylum thru false claim? If the politycal circumstances in my country have changed 6 years after I fled and if I have my 80 years-old mother sick, why I could'nt come back to see her? It will be my own risk, but it not means I claimed a fake asylum.
I know a lot of people (GC holders based on asylum) who have come back to my country and have not faced any problem when they have returned.

Travelco
GC holder

If the condition of your country have changed, so could your status..

I don't agree

faysal said:
I agree with you that you don't agree with me, but the problem is was the asylum true. If you go back to your COP, it means you got asylum through false claim. If you don't go back to your COP, then you are fine. You are permenant resident, but you go back COP then it is a violation the basis of your permenant residence..............You may lose it you they want

Faysal,

I agree with you that if "YOU" go back to your COP, it means you got asylum through false claim.

I don't agree with you that if "EVERYONE ELSE" goes back to his respective COP, it means he/she got asylum through false claim.

In my asylum application, for example, I stated clearly that I don't feel threatened by the government but by some other etnic groups and that the government is either unable or unwilling (most likely) to provide me protection from those groups. I repeated the same in person at my asylum interview.

Now, if I renew my NP and go to my COP (which I never did nor intend to) for a limited time period no one can say, not even you, that my asylum status was obtain through fraud. The same applies for other people who got their asylum based on persecution because of their sexual orientation, religious affiliation, marriage that violates some tribal codes, etc. Thankfully, USCIS recognizes that.

You Faysal and some other people just can't get it, do you? I guess it is the old thing "If I cannot do it, why should other people be able to"

Alex_e38 said:
Faysal,

I agree with you that if "YOU" go back to your COP, it means you got asylum through false claim.

I don't agree with you that if "EVERYONE ELSE" goes back to his respective COP, it means he/she got asylum through false claim.

In my asylum application, for example, I stated clearly that I don't feel threatened by the government but by some other etnic groups and that the government is either unable or unwilling (most likely) to provide me protection from those groups. I repeated the same in person at my asylum interview.

Now, if I renew my NP and go to my COP (which I never did nor intend to) for a limited time period no one can say, not even you, that my asylum status was obtain through fraud. The same applies for other people who got their asylum based on persecution because of their sexual orientation, religious affiliation, marriage that violates some tribal codes, etc. Thankfully, USCIS recognizes that.

You Faysal and some other people just can't get it, do you? I guess it is the old thing "If I cannot do it, why should other people be able to"

Alex: I uderstand what you are saying. Each person's situation is different. But what I want you to understand is, how does this whole debate started. This forum is for asylees and share experiences. What would you say if someone says to you what are the consequences of going back to COP? That is the question we are debating not a specific case; yours, mine, or others. The question: if you come to this country and asked for asylum and you have a valid national passport with 10 visas from your national country stamped on it and a greencard, at the citizenship interview how would explain the adjudcator that you qualify for citizenship. That is the debate...

Welll ...

faysal said:
What would you say if someone says to you what are the consequences of going back to COP?
There are no mandatory consequences, it depends, if your asylum was fraud based you may have consequences, if your asylum was fact based there are no consequences for going back to COP.

faysal said:
That is the question we are debating not a specific case; yours, mine, or others. ...
That is exactly why you are wrong. You can only debate specific case to determine the consequences, you cannot debate in general what are the consequences because there are no 'general' consequences. You are trying to give a 'one size fits all' answer.

faysal said:
The question: if you come to this country and asked for asylum and you have a valid national passport with 10 visas from your national country stamped on it and a greencard, at the citizenship interview how would explain the adjudcator that you qualify for citizenship. That is the debate...

Easy,
just tell the truth.

Alex_e38 said:
There are no mandatory consequences, it depends, if your asylum was fraud based you may have consequences, if your asylum was fact based there are no consequences for going back to COP.

That is exactly why you are wrong. You can only debate specific case to determine the consequences, you cannot debate in general what are the consequences because there are no 'general' consequences. You are trying to give a 'one size fits all' answer.

Easy,
just tell the truth.

That is your position. I don't have to agree with you.

Travelco said:
..........I know a lot of people (GC holders based on asylum) who have come back to my country and have not faced any problem when they have returned.

Travelco
GC holder

Travelco, any of the people you know who have go back to COP has already become a U.S. citizen? Thanks for your answer, Cl.

I don't blame Faysal for his comments, he is just talking as to what he thinks & what is logic to him. The thing is anyone who is/was not an asylee(for e.g, triplecitizen) & any outsider will say what TripleCtizen said that how can you go to COP if you were an asylee??

It says as somoene pointed out that "you are all permanent residents now, no matter how you attained that status" but it also says in the book somewehre that if that status was attained by fraud, it may be taken away. Is going back to COP considered fraud? I do not know. That is for USCIS to determine. Neither you or I were in charge of handling Alex's or Faysal's or anyone else's case so we can't determine what is right or wrong. Usually Asylee adjustment took so long that by the time you got your GC , your COP was free & democratic....

Comparing Asylee GC's to marriage-based GC's, does it mean that if you attained your GC by marrying a US Citizen, you need to be married to him/her forever? In Immigration law, after 2 years you have to prove that the marriage was not a "fraud" but lets say after 5 years, you want a divorce..does it mean you can NEVER divorce because you got your GC because of marriage?

Again it is USCIS who will determine with due cause what is right and wrong. USCIS officers at port of entry get offended when you show them a document ISSUED by themselves which I think may have gone through more security checks than getting a NP from your COP...however they still demand "National Passport"....They are trained that way..The current rule says that...If RTD is shown, give trouble, if NP is shown, say "Welcome Home"..

If tommorow, USCIS says all ex-asylees are required to show RTD, then they may start asking that.

Things change. Countries Change. People Change. We should all chill & do what is right and what USCIS tells us. If it isn't right in your mind, you shouldn't really do it. If you don't think going back to COP is good for you then DON't GO but dont be offended if someone else goes back to COP.

Last edited by a moderator:
faysal said:
TRipplecitizen: First of all welcome to the forum. The forum needs you becuase we have had individuals with questions regarding Candian and US citizenship to which we could not provide a first hand experience. I hope your presence will be of very importance to those individuals. As regards to your question regarding Asylee and going back country of origin, even though you claimed you have no knowledge of the process, your logic and analysis are of high class; however, there are individuals who have greencard through asylum and went back to their country of origin and who make it impossible to talk the issue genuinely. Whenever the issue is raised and the debate is unleashed they take it personal as though we are the law makers.

When individuals are granted asylum, they are given different papers indicating their asylum status. The common type is I-94. This could have different stamps. for example. conditional or indefinite. When an asylee adjusts their status to permanent residents, they issued greencards with codes. for example, GS6 or GS8. the asylum doesn't go. Now let us say an asylum seekers comes to the US in 2000, and asks for asylum. He told the immigration authories that if he goes back to his country of origin at any time he will be beheaded at any time. Protecting his life, the immigration authorities gave him asylum, which basically means protecting him from the persecution of that country's people. And this claim that an asylum seeker can not go back to his country of persecution is the basis on which asylum is granted. There could be few exceptions even I believe all of them are based on this. even if one gets asylum based on homosexuality the essence of his claim would be that his country is not safe for him/her becuase of his status as homo.

Let us say this hypothetical individual got asylum in 2000 and got greencard in 2003. Let us he/she visited COP three times after greencard. If he applied for citizenship in 2008 how would this person explain his trips provided that he/she got her asylum that he/she would be murdered in went back to that country. Isn't there a clear lie there, and contradiction. Rememer, even when applying for reentry permit, there are questions speciffically asking how you got your greencard, and if you got it through asylum did you go back to that country. Also, the law clearly says at any time of a person's immigration process even after citizenship if the government discovers lie or misrepressentation the attorney general has the authority to cancell immigration status.

There is another case which most people don't understand. It is the question of deravitive asylum. deravitive asylum simply means that the derivative depends on the principal. The principal is hold accountable, not the derivative. If for example the principal's asylum is revoked the derivite's asylum is revoked as well; therefore, derivative is more vulnerable than the principal.

Finally, asylees whether or not having greencard or not who go back to their country of persecution are in violation of the terms of their grant of asylum. Greencards entails additional responsibilities and rights, but the condition of the asylum does not go. It is there. Going back your COP because your grandpa is sick is good moral code, but in the process it tells something else. It tells that you can go back to your country, and the government if it tells you that your grandma needs you and stay with him I don't think they should be immoral too....................

For those of you who visited your COP I know you won't like my comments because it hurts you. It should not be this way. I am not the government. I am a fellow asylee like you; just expressing my understanding of what it means to maintain sylum status...good luck

Ok Faycal ,I noticed that you don't learn from your past experience.
Last time, I explained to you that we don't say get an asylum based on homosexuality , we say based on being homosexual but the best term is based on sexual orientation , another thing HOMO is not a status is a situation of being. so you are 100 percent wrong.

Now, talking about the asylee and green card holder.
You said, an Asylee will be always an asylee even he/she gets his/ her green card if that is true ,why in the name of Allah , GOD , BUDDHA ...

they don't give you a green card instead of an Asylum???? they should give u a green card the first time u applied for asylum... right ???? but No
they give you the asylum to become an asylee and then you have to wait one year to apply for ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS.

and of course all the documents that they asked for and then u have to wait form .3...whatever years to get your green card.

So , people go crazy during this period yourself u said it was a relief and every time when some one get a green card u congratulated them why?
an asylee and green card are the same why then u congratulated them ????
u told them welcome to America u can sleep in peace now ? why ? because you know that a green card holder and an asylee are completely different status.
yes they are , so now during the adjustment of status the IOs check your documents ,name , every thing so now if they think there is a fraud of your asylum claim or something wrong going on they send your file to your district office to have an interview with an IO and then if they found u guilty they revoke your asylum and u will get an order of deportation against you .
TO EXPLAIN TO YOU MORE .
THE US ARMY, NEED PEOPLE WHO SPEAK ARABIC TO JOIN THEM AS LINGUISTIQUE ANALYST OR INTERPRETER.
SO LOT OF IRAQIS WHO ONCE WHERE ASYLEE OR REFUGEES JOIN THE ARMY THEY WENT BACK TO THEIR COUNTRY WHERE THEY WERE PERSECUTED AND THEY STILL.
BUT THE ARMY REQUIRED A GREEN CARD HOLDERS OR US CITIZEN AGAIN A GREEN CARD HOLDERS
NOT ASYLEES EVEN IF THAT ASYLEE HAS A TRAVEL DOCUMENT AND IS AN EXPERT IN BOTH LANGUAGES ,BUT NO THEY DON'T RECRUIT THEM UNLESS THEY ARE A GREEN CARD HOLDERS. BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY CANT GO BACK TO THEIR COUNTRY ,UNDER THE ASYLUM STATUS EVEN TO SERVE AMERICA . BUT THEY CAN GO BACK IF THEY HAVE A GREEN CARD.
(U CAN JOIN THEM OR WORK FOR THEM AS A CONTRACTOR .)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi everyone, i am new in this forum, and i found this is in deed an awesome forum. thumbs up :)
i can see the debt here is ;" is it ok for GC holders with category cs6, 7 8 to visit their POC? renew their passport? . I'd like to share my personal experience. i did both. i had renewed my passport twice. and went back to POC once. I was not even questioned in term of why went back or encounted any problem because of my renewed passport, in fact it was not even mentioned during my citizenship interview.
i have few other friends who had also renewed their passports and back to poc, and had no problem during their interviews.
only sharing my and my friends experiences.
Good luck to u all.

zeropoint said:
hi everyone, i am new in this forum, and i found this is in deed an awesome forum. thumbs up :)
i can see the debt here is ;" is it ok for GC holders with category cs6, 7 8 to visit their POC? renew their passport? . I'd like to share my personal experience. i did both. i had renewed my passport twice. and went back to POC once. I was not even questioned in term of why went back or encounted any problem because of my renewed passport, in fact it was not even mentioned during my citizenship interview.
i have few other friends who had also renewed their passports and back to poc, and had no problem during their interviews.
Good luck to u all.

Zeropoint: You have the final word on this discussion. If you renewed your national passport and went to your country of persecution, got your citizenship no one can speak after you. This have been lacking this experience, and thank you for sharing your experience.

However, laws of this country are unpredictable. Last week, I went to the department of licesing in my city to help someone who didn't speak English. He had permit instruction and he wanted to get an appointment for driver's lisence test. The lady took his permit instructions, and issued him a driver's license. How would I explain this. I don't know. he could be a lucky man; the law could be like that;

Final note: I hope you are genuine person; not a member using double identity to score a point.......... :) :)

Bravo...

Bravo, Zeropoint. Contrary to your screen name, you have a big point and I appreciate you sharing with us. May be this can eliminate a lot of doubts in a lot of people minds. See, I knew it all along that it will be OK. So this should stop the paranoia......

Ok Faycal ,I noticed that you don't learn from your past experience.
Last time, I explained to you that we don't say get an asylum based on homosexuality , we say based on being homosexual but the best term is based on sexual orientation , another thing HOMO is not a status is a situation of being. so you are 100 percent wrong.

Now, talking about the asylee and green card holder.
You said, an Asylee will be always an asylee even he/she gets his/ her green card if that is true ,why in the name of Allah , GOD , BUDDHA ...

they don't give you a green card instead of an Asylum???? they should give u a green card the first time u applied for asylum... right ???? but No
they give you the asylum to become an asylee and then you have to wait one year to apply for ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS.

and of course all the documents that they asked for and then u have to wait form .3...whatever years to get your green card.

So , people go crazy during this period yourself u said it was a relief and every time when some one get a green card u congratulated them why?
an asylee and green card are the same why then u congratulated them ????
u told them welcome to America u can sleep in peace now ? why ? because you know that a green card holder and an asylee are completely different status.
yes they are , so now during the adjustment of status the IOs check your documents ,name , every thing so now if they think there is a fraud of your asylum claim or something wrong going on they send your file to your district office to have an interview with an IO and then if they found u guilty they revoke your asylum and u will get an order of deportation against you .
TO EXPLAIN TO YOU MORE .
THE US ARMY, NEED PEOPLE WHO SPEAK ARABIC TO JOIN THEM AS LINGUISTIQUE ANALYST OR INTERPRETER.
SO LOT OF IRAQIS WHO ONCE WHERE ASYLEE OR REFUGEES JOIN THE ARMY THEY WENT BACK TO THEIR COUNTRY WHERE THEY WERE PERSECUTED AND THEY STILL.
BUT THE ARMY REQUIRED A GREEN CARD HOLDERS OR US CITIZEN AGAIN A GREEN CARD HOLDERS
NOT ASYLEES EVEN IF THAT ASYLEE HAS A TRAVEL DOCUMENT AND IS AN EXPERT IN BOTH LANGUAGES ,BUT NO THEY DON'T RECRUIT THEM UNLESS THEY ARE A GREEN CARD HOLDERS. BECAUSE THEY KNOW THEY CANT GO BACK TO THEIR COUNTRY ,UNDER THE ASYLUM STATUS EVEN TO SERVE AMERICA . BUT THEY CAN GO BACK IF THEY HAVE A GREEN CARD.
(U CAN JOIN THEM OR WORK FOR THEM AS A CONTRACTOR .)

zeropoint said:
hi everyone.......... I'd like to share my personal experience. i did both. i had renewed my passport twice. and went back to POC once. I was not even questioned in term of why went back or encounted any problem because of my renewed passport, in fact it was not even mentioned during my citizenship interview.
Good luck to u all.

Hi Zeropoint, we have been waiting for you for years. You are the first Asylee in this forum who has gone to COP, and got citizenship now.

As someone else said, I hope you are genuine. Thanks for sharing.

Hell and damnation!

1. Triple Citizen: I cannot believe it. So you would bear arms for the US against Pakistan and Canada? On behalf of Pakistan, I declare total Jihad on you - Fatwa on you my brother! On behalf of Canada, I ban you from attending any hockey games. Do not you ever think of running to Canada when the draft gets re-instituted in this great U S of A!

2. Faysal: what in the hell is going on! Chill out and breath the fresh air, smell the coffee, make love!

3. Zeropoint: would you like to set up an InfoPass appointment with the INS and seek explanation as to why on earth they did not ask you about your travels to your COP during your citizenship interview? I am sure there must have been a mistake and you better get that clarified now or otherwise, when you turn 67 and retire, they may deny your social security and Medicare benefits because 40 or so years ago, before you became a US citizen, you had the audacity to use your NP and travel to your COP. Just my two cents!

Cheerio

Triple Citizen said:
Simple. Out of three citizenships I hold, only one got my promise to bear arms for them.

TortFeasor said:
1. Triple Citizen: I cannot believe it. So you would bear arms for the US against Pakistan and Canada? On behalf of Pakistan, I declare total Jihad on you - Fatwa on you my brother! On behalf of Canada, I ban you from attending any hockey games. Do not you ever think of running to Canada when the draft gets re-instituted in this great U S of A!

2. Faysal: what in the hell is going on! Chill out and breath the fresh air, smell the coffee, make love!

3. Zeropoint: would you like to set up an InfoPass appointment with the INS and seek explanation as to why on earth they did not ask you about your travels to your COP during your citizenship interview? I am sure there must have been a mistake and you better get that clarified now or otherwise, when you turn 67 and retire, they may deny your social security and Medicare benefits because 40 or so years ago, before you became a US citizen, you had the audacity to use your NP and travel to your COP. Just my two cents!

Cheerio

HEHEEHEHEHE LOL LOL u are terrible lol lol ;) :D