Can I file I-485 from diffrent Company ?

srs_568

Registered Users (C)
All,

I was taking to my friend, he told, if you have labor & I-140 approval copy, you can switch the company and file I-485 from diffrent company. I-485 is not related to company. Is this TRUE?

Please help

thanks
SRS

srs_568 said:
All,

I was taking to my friend, he told, if you have labor & I-140 approval copy, you can switch the company and file I-485 from diffrent company.
------------did you ask him what if the employer revoke the I-140???
if you have copy of I-140 approval or copy of I-140 filing why dont you file I-485?
I-485 is not related to company. Is this TRUE?
----------- I-485 is YOUR petition
Please help

thanks
SRS
----------- if your I-140 approved AND I-485 pending more than 180 days then you can use AC21 and can change employer. dont think of changing at this time as your I-485 is NOT pending more than 180 days.

Ginnu,

Can you work with the new employer thru H1 visa after 180 days, without using EAD/AP.

Thanks

ginnu said:
----------- if your I-140 approved AND I-485 pending more than 180 days then you can use AC21 and can change employer. dont think of changing at this time as your I-485 is NOT pending more than 180 days.

medan_raj said:
Ginnu,

Can you work with the new employer thru H1 visa after 180 days, without using EAD/AP.
-------------- YES, let the new employer file H1 transfer with USCIS and once you get H1 filing reciept join the new employer. if one has I-140 approved and I-485 pending more than 180 days one can also invoke AC21 and the new employer should agree to give you permanent job offer letter with same/similar skills to invoke AC21 with pending I-485 and at the same time you work on H1 with new employer ( H1 is good back up if anything goes wrong with I-485)
Thanks

Reply to Ginnu

-- I did not ask for what happen if employer revoke, but if employer didnot revoke, can I file I-485 from diffrent employer.
if you have copy of I-140 approval or copy of I-140 filing why dont you file I-485? -- I cann't file I-485 due to retrogression ?

Thanks
SRS

srs_568 said:

-- I did not ask for what happen if employer revoke, but if employer didnot revoke, can I file I-485 from diffrent employer.

------------------ you dont have I-485 pending more than 180 days, employer CAN revoke the I-140 and you have to start GC process from first step again. you can file I-485 directly you dont need employer A or B to file it, I-485 is your petition based on approved I-140, if employer revoke the I-140 before you file I-485 that is risk in your case
if you have copy of I-140 approval or copy of I-140 filing why dont you file I-485?
-- I cann't file I-485 due to retrogression ?
------------------------- wait for the PD to file I-485 and remain on H1 status

Thanks
SRS

Ginnu,

Thanks u Sir :). How long it takes to complete the AC21 from the date you invoke AC21. Bcos, I am just thinking, if i start working for new employer once the h1 filed & AC21 is invoked , if by chance Ac21 didnt go thru..what will be the status of my 485, GC....is there a chance of AC21 rejection by the previous employer/ by any means....

Thanks for ur help.....

Originally Posted by medan_raj
Ginnu,

-------------- YES, let the new employer file H1 transfer with USCIS and once you get H1 filing reciept join the new employer. if one has I-140 approved and I-485 pending more than 180 days one can also invoke AC21 and the new employer should agree to give you permanent job offer letter with same/similar skills to invoke AC21 with pending I-485 and at the same time you work on H1 with new employer ( H1 is good back up if anything goes wrong with I-485)
Thanks