Can I file I-102 for I-94 after 14years?????

Kanani

Registered Users (C)
Need help!
I entered the US in 97 legally, on visitor visa (for pleasure), overstayed my visa. Am married for 8 years with 2 kids. Passport got stolen along with I-94 in 97. Filed police report and had passport replaced. Now I want to get this taken care of and get a green card.
One attorney said I have to leave the Country even though I entered legally and file I-601( the reason for leaving is because I don't have an I-94 number he said).

If I requested for duplicate I-94 from 1997 will they give it to me?

Thanks!

As long as you remember the date you entered, which airport, you can file Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), Form G-639.
CBP will provide your I-94 number. "FOIA is free of charge."

As long as you remember the date you entered, which airport, you can file Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), Form G-639.
CBP will provide your I-94 number. "FOIA is free of charge."

Thanks for this. I looked up the form and it states at the top of the form, 'expires 10/31/10'.

1)Should I wait for a new one or just use the current one on the USCIS website?
2) Should I just state that I need a copy of I-94 or just the number?
3)Since it's been a long time, my replacement passport expired as well, so getting the paper notarized will be difficult for me as I have to provide some sort of ID. Can my husband request on my behalf or no?
4) I was trying to find the processing time for the G-639, anyone know?

Thank you so much.

Thanks for this. I looked up the form and it states at the top of the form, 'expires 10/31/10'.

3)Since it's been a long time, my replacement passport expired as well, so getting the paper notarized will be difficult for me as I have to provide some sort of ID. Can my husband request on my behalf or no?

Thank you so much.

1 yes--no form is actually required by law, so any form they put out is OK regardless of exp. date
2 you will get computer generated record
3 an attorney or accredited rep with a G-28 can submit request but not your spouse unless he is a lawyer or accredited rep w/G-28
4 good luck see: http://www.uscis.gov/USCIS-ES/FOIA FAQs.pdf there is a link in the document that you want

Thank you so much.

My passport and I-94 card was stolen too back in 1999. I filed a FOIA request for my arrival records in 2010, and I received my I-94 number and other related info regarding my I-94 card in 1 1/2 month, but you must remember your arrival date in USA.

You can do the request yourself with a notarize letter, you don't have to use the form and you don't need any lawyer.

If you are a bank member, they will notarize it for free.

Good luck.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you so much. So inorder for me to be able to file and not leave the country, all I need is the I-94# correct?
Does this forum have a list of attorneys to refer me to for consultation?
Thanks!

My passport and I-94 card was stolen too back in 1999. I filed a FOIA request for my arrival records in 2010, and I received my I-94 number and other related info regarding my I-94 card in 1 1/2 month, but you must remember your arrival date in USA.

You can do the request yourself with a notarize letter, you don't have to use the form and you don't need any lawyer.

Good luck.

I have a few questions.
1)When you filed FOIA request did you have an Alien #? G-639 form states that you must have that number in order to process your request, but I heard you get an Alien number when you request Change of Status.
2)Did you send in a letter or did you use the G-639 from
3) Who did you send the form to? CBP or USCIS?
4) What it the terminology you used to get all your information ( I don't want to get partial info).

Thank you so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
How to get a copy of I-94?

Can you tell me the exact procedure for requesting a copy of I-94?
Can you give the template of the letter and the mailing address?

Thanks
Jea

Good luck.