• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Can I change the place of interview?

Punchy

Registered Users (C)
Hi all,

I am in a situation wanting to change the interview place to be in another country. Here is the situation. I got a job in another country (the job will be completed in 6 to 12 months) and I have to start by the end of october. My case number is AF00004*** and I am hoping my case will be current in October or November. If it is october, well and good, I can finish every thing here going to my work and within six months I will travel to US for the GC (of course if the interviewing process is going smooth). The problem is if my number is current for November, I really want the interview to be transfered to the embassy of the country I am travelling. Do you think it is possible? Is there any one who has the same experience? Should I call KCC and explain the situation?

I appreciate your feedback... and thank you in advance

Yes, you should contact KCC as soon as possible, because it seems your case number becomes current for October...good luck.

Hi all,

I am in a situation wanting to change the interview place to be in another country. Here is the situation. I got a job in another country (the job will be completed in 6 to 12 months) and I have to start by the end of october. My case number is AF00004*** and I am hoping my case will be current in October or November. If it is october, well and good, I can finish every thing here going to my work and within six months I will travel to US for the GC (of course if the interviewing process is going smooth). The problem is if my number is current for November, I really want the interview to be transfered to the embassy of the country I am travelling. Do you think it is possible? Is there any one who has the same experience? Should I call KCC and explain the situation?

Hi all,

Yes i quite agree with dragoman, its best to contact KCC so you can be certain of your options.

goodluck!:)

yes you can...simple...i have changed location of my cp from cairo to riyhad...just send a letter to kcc and explain your case properly ...better a fax....

Dear Dragoman, Ladybee and Hish,

Thank you for your reply that shows me possibilities. Let me wait this couple of days for the Visa Bulletin, and I will contact KCC if I need to.

Thank you again and good luck...

sometimes the number may be current in October but the interview will not be scheduled until Nov or Dec.
What if you transfer the interview and it's going to be in October? will you be able to come to that country in October?

that is - if the new country's embassy agrees to transfer your case to them.

That is good point LucyMo. What I am thinking is calling to KCC and ask them when exactly my interview is. Do you think they will tell me the exact date if I expalin my situation?... Thanks...

if the embassy has scheduled your interview, then yes, KCC will let you know. However, if it's already scheduled, that means that your documents have been forwarded to the US consulate in your own country, and it will be very difficult to transfer it. But not impossible.

Change Of Interview

I Was Advised By Kcc Not To Change My Country Of Interview (australia) ,even If The New Country(panama) Would Accept It As The Documents Travel In The Diplomatic Bag And Could Not Be Gaurenteed A Date Of Arrival, But If I Had Plenty Of Time Before My Interview It Was Possible.
I Didnt Take The Risk, I Already Won The Lottery, Didn't Want To Chance Another One