Can I change jopbs when working on EAD

KishVish

My company 'A' applied for 485 in June 2002, I have changed my job to Company 'B' and submitted change of address (AR11) to INS in Jan 2003. I got a permanent offer now and would like to join this company.
Can anybody suggest whether I will have any problem? I am working on EAD with 'B' and is expiring in July'03. Do I need to renew EAD for me and wife as well or I apply for self is fine?
I do not have any lawer at present as I can not approach my Company 'A" Lawer as I no longer work with them.
I appreciate any advise.
Thanks in advance

KishVish:(

FYI:
I am also holding EAD and I have changed my job after 200 days of filing I485. My lawyer said OK to do.

I don't know if we are completly OK or some potential issue involoved. May be gurus here can give some light.

KishVish:

Q: Can anybody suggest whether I will have any problem?
Ans: Since you applied for your 485 in June 2002 you have completed more than 180 days since that and hence you can take advantage of AC21. So, no, you won't have any problems.

Q: I am working on EAD with 'B' and is expiring in July'03. Do I need to renew EAD for me and wife as well or I apply for self is fine?
Ans: You should send in your renewal application for the EAD as soon as possible since it takes about 2 months for a new EAD to come through. It's better to get one for your wife too, if she intends to work.

If 180 days has passed since I-485 RD before INS gets to adjudicate your case, you are safe.

If your wife is not planning to work, then there is no need for EAD extension. Her status will be "AOS pending".

However make sure:
(1) you maintain a decent relationship with Company A
(2) that Company A has not requested INS to cancel your I-140 before the 180th day of I-485 RD

Good Luck!

Dear Guru's
Will there be any proble if I change job again now by applying EAD renewal? This change needs change of address again..
Thanks

There is usually no problem

because of 180 days. One might try to get a similar job just to cover all bases. EAD renewal and change of jobs should not pose problem per se. However, from my experience, its best to change address and then apply for renewal so as to get the cards at new address and not lose them.

Originally posted by KishVish
My company 'A' applied for 485 in June 2002, I have changed my job to Company 'B' and submitted change of address (AR11) to INS in Jan 2003. I got a permanent offer now and would like to join this company.
Can anybody suggest whether I will have any problem? I am working on EAD with 'B' and is expiring in July'03. Do I need to renew EAD for me and wife as well or I apply for self is fine?
I do not have any lawer at present as I can not approach my Company 'A" Lawer as I no longer work with them.
I appreciate any advise.
Thanks in advance

KishVish:(
One can only get the benfits of AC21 IF he meets the following two conditions;
1, I-485 has been pending for 180 days or more
2, I-140 is approved
Both the above criterias should meet for us to be in a secured position or to think of switching jobs.

Do not send information of your job change to INS on your own and without RFE, cause it will not neccesarily get accounted for. Only when RFE is sent to you, the information is collected by INS goes into the right file which MATCHES the bar code that RFE has. If you inform INS on your own, it will not get attention + you would have to inform them again eventually when / in case they issue RFE .. save energy ...

for the rest I agree with mavishka