can I apply for OCI and tourist visa about the same time?

gumly

Registered Users (C)
I recently got my citizenship and applied for my US passport last week.
I have to travel to India for a week during the last week of April and also again in first week of June.

My question is can I apply for a Tourist visa(for my travel in April) and OCI at the same time because of
the restrictions with the tourist visa where you cannot travel with in 2 months of the previous travel date
I am hoping since it is taking a couple of months for OCI processing, I will get the OCI before I am ready to travel to India in June, my question is it allowed to apply for OCI and tourist at the same time or a few days between them.

Appreciate your inputs
Thanks

I have to travel to India for a week during the last week of April and also again in first week of June.

My question is can I apply for a Tourist visa(for my travel in April) and OCI at the same time because of
the restrictions with the tourist visa where you cannot travel with in 2 months of the previous travel date
I am hoping since it is taking a couple of months for OCI processing, I will get the OCI before I am ready to travel to India in June, my question is it allowed to apply for OCI and tourist at the same time or a few days between them.
--- you can apply both
Appreciate your inputs
Thanks
----------------

If you are eligible for OCI, you are most likely eligible for "Entry Visa". Entry visa may not have the same restrictions as Tourist visa. Check it out and see if you meet the requirements. Also talk to the consultate and Travisa outsourcing to check the re-entry requirements. While applying for OCI gives you a backup, do not presume it will be smooth sailing.