Can I apply for F-1 VISA at the Canadian Embassy in USA?

stevenc1

Registered Users (C)
Hi is it possible for me to visit the Canadian Embassy in Los Angeles, US, to apply for a F-1 Visa or do I must go back to my home country Canada and apply at the Canadian Embassy?

If you are a Canadian citizen, you do not need an F-1 visa. Once you have your I-20, depart the US and re-enter showing your I-20. If everything is in order, you will be given an F-1 based I-94 at the POE.

Hi is it possible for me to visit the Canadian Embassy in Los Angeles, US, to apply for a F-1 Visa or do I must go back to my home country Canada and apply at the Canadian Embassy?

If you are a Canadian citizen, you do not need an F-1 visa. Once you have your I-20, depart the US and re-enter showing your I-20. If everything is in order, you will be given an F-1 based I-94 at the POE.

What if I stayed in United States since July 22nd, and all they did on my passport was a stamp and written in pen is b-2 and 6 weeks, I am turning 18 in a month or two, I have stayed in US for high school? Is it possible to still get that done just by having an I-20 form or do I have to apply for a visa in the US Embassy in Canada?

Re-enter showing your I-20. Canadian citizens do not need an F-1 sticker on their passports.

Ok wow thanks didn't know that, it does give me hope now, makes me feel better a bit, but I am worried about the fact that since when I came over in 2010, July 22nd I had no plans to stay in the United States and attend my last year of high school, when the person asked me why I am coming over here I told him to visit family (vacation) and he stamped my passport and wrote B-2 6 weeks in pen. So when I do try to travel back, won't somebody ask me why it says July 22nd, B-2 6 weeks, and I didn't come back til around like July 2011? Will I get denied to enter the USA? And don't I must have a F-1 Visa for the Community College have the ability to enroll me?

can my brother apply for fi visa in US embassy in UKRAINE

He is a Nigerian Citizen with student visa in Ukraine for 6 months ... Can he apply for F1 VISA IN US EMBASSY with Nigeria Passport ? and what is the requirement he need to apply for F1 VISA