• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

Can Husband and wife both submit seperate entries ?

annie_NJ

Registered Users (C)
I am planning to enter the DV 2007 lottery.Heres my question

Can Husband and Wife both submit seperate entries even if only one persons country is eligible for the lottery?

My place of birth is eligible but not his ,so i know, i can apply and give his name in the spouse column ,but can he apply also and give my name in the spouse column?.Will that be considered as duplicate entry or a seperate one?..

I have found in http://travel.state.gov/pdf/dv07bulletin.pdf

ARE THERE ANY SITUATIONS IN WHICHPERSONS WHO WERE NOT BORN IN A QUALIFYING COUNTRY MAY APPLY?

For example, if a principal applicant was born in a country that is not eligible for this year’s DV program, he/she may claim “chargeability” to the country where his/her derivative spouse was born, but he/she will not be issued a DV-1 unless the spouse is also eligible for and issued a DV-2, and both must enter the U.S. together on the DVs.

PLEASE HELP

Thanks

ANnie

of course. did you not read the rules? You quoted them, after all.

Native of a country whose natives qualify: In most cases this means the country in which the applicant was born. However, there are two other ways a person may be able to qualify. First, if a person was born in a country whose natives are ineligible but his/her spouse was born in a country whose natives are eligible, such person can claim the spouse’s country of birth provided both the applicant and spouse are issued visas and enter the U.S. simultaneously. Second, if a person was born in a country whose natives are ineligible, but neither of his/her parentswas born there or resided there at the time of his/her birth, such person may claim nativity in one of the parents’ country of birth if it is a country whose natives qualify for the DV-2007 program.

FULL NAME - Last/Family Name, First Name, Middle name
DATE OF BIRTH - Day, Month, Year
GENDER - Male or Female
CITY/TOWN OF BIRTH
COUNTRY OF BIRTH - The name of the country should be that which is currently in use for the place where the applicant was born.
APPLICANT PHOTOGRAPH - See page 2 for information on photo specifications.
MAILING ADDRESS - Address, City/Town, District/Country/Province/State, Postal Code/Zip Code, Country
PHONE NUMBER (optional)
E-MAIL ADDRESS (optional)
COUNTRY OF ELIGIBILITY IF THE APPLICANT'S NATIVE COUNTRY IS DIFFERENT FROM COUNTRY OF BIRTH - If the applicant is claiming nativity in a country other than his/her place of birth, this information must be indicated on the entry. MARITAL STATUS - Unmarried, Married, Divorced, Widowed, Legally Separated
NUMBER OF CHILDREN THAT ARE UNMARRIED AND UNDER 21 YEARS OF AGE – Except children that are either U.S. legal permanent residents or American citizens.
SPOUSE INFORMATION - Name, Date of Birth, Gender, City/Town of Birth, Country of Birth, Photograph
CHILDREN INFORMATION - Name, Date of Birth, Gender, City/Town of Birth, Country of Birth, Photograph

http://www.travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/types/types_2645.html

Thanks

Thanks Lucy...

Though i had read the instructions..I was a little confused..Thanks for helping me out...So both of us can apply..MAybe it will double our chances of winning.

Thanks

ANnie

it definitely does double your chances. Just don't submit more than one per person. :) Good luck! Your husband will have to claim YOUR country of eligibility.