Can General Dentist Apply for EB2?

Kupondole

Registered Users (C)
Gurus,
- Can a Licensed General Dentist with no prior experience in the US apply for EB2 if the employer is willing?

- My spouse will be graduating in May and she has been in the US on H4 for 5 and a half years. She recently converted to F1. While on OPT, if she get her PERM and I140 done and can she apply for 3 years of H1 instead of just 6 months?

Thanks in advance.

Kupondole :confused:

H1B and EB2

Yes,

She can apply H1B but will have to wait for the next year for the H1B quota to open. Talk to your lawyer and make all the paper work ready, so you can apply H1B once it is available.

She is also eligible for EB2, on the basis that she is DMD, ADA and State Dental Board Membership, Speciality Profession and High Salary.

Good Luck.

From fellow dentist.

Kupondole said:
Gurus,
- Can a Licensed General Dentist with no prior experience in the US apply for EB2 if the employer is willing?

- My spouse will be graduating in May and she has been in the US on H4 for 5 and a half years. She recently converted to F1. While on OPT, if she get her PERM and I140 done and can she apply for 3 years of H1 instead of just 6 months?

Inorder to get extn beyound 6 years , one must apply LC atleast one year before the expiry of thieir h1/h4 status.
Thanks in advance.

Kupondole :confused:

Great Guru and Kotash,

Thank you for your insights. From what I understand, if the I140 has been approved, then a person can apply for 3 year extension of H1 even though the LC was filed less than a year ago.

Kupondole

Kupondole said:
Great Guru and Kotash,

Thank you for your insights. From what I understand, if the I140 has been approved, then a person can apply for 3 year extension of H1 even though the LC was filed less than a year ago.
LC or I 140 must be a year old because some cases LC is not required.

Kupondole