Can FP done in a different state?

summer76

Registered Users (C)
Our citizenship case is filed by our attorney in Feb 2011. we live in Twincities, MN. On Monady March 28 we recieved our FP notice wihich is scheduled for 4/22 at St. Paul, MN ASC. my husband is currently in TX on a project. we asked our attorney if he can get his FP done there in TX? The attorney replied that he should come back ASAP and get his FP done here at the specified location otherwise his application will be denied.
is it possible?

Last edited by a moderator:
Send the FP notice to him, and he can attempt an early walk-in at a USCIS office in Texas. From what I've read, they're more accepting of walk-ins on Wednesdays.

But it is up to their discretion whether to allow the walk-in. He should not call ahead of time, because they usually say NO on the phone but usually will accept the walk-in if you show up in person and they are not busy at that time. And he should not highlight the fact that the actual appointment is for a different time and place, he should just show the FP notice and act as if nothing is wrong. If they bring up the different place and time, he can explain the situation and hope they cooperate.

Since the actual appointment is 3 weeks away, if turned away he can wait a week and try again before having to fly back to MN.

yes, I will mail him original FP notice today. he will go to the ASC in Dallas, TX and will see what happens. But why does the attorney say that he has to come back here in MN to get the FP done here?

yes, I will mail him original FP notice today. he will go to the ASC in Dallas, TX and will see what happens. But why does the attorney say that he has to come back here in MN to get the FP done here?

Might be trying to scare you so you'll think you need his/her ongoing services.