Can Canadian PR work in U.S.

MEOW_MEOW

Registered Users (C)
While my US G.C process totally sucks , the Canadian PR processing looks promising. I hope to get the landing papers in the next 6 months... Can I maintain a home in Canada and work at U.S. (if i don't get a job in Canada), do i need any special visa to work at U.S. Will it affect the Canadian PR status ... should i pay tax for the income from US.

Thanks in Advance!

While my US G.C process totally sucks , the Canadian PR processing looks promising. I hope to get the landing papers in the next 6 months...
------ If you get Canada PR, just land and be back to US, Canada has no IT jobs, only labor jobs or truck driver jobs
Can I maintain a home in Canada and work at U.S. (if i don't get a job in Canada),
----- You can maintain a house in Canada but who will pay the rent if you don’t get a job in Canada? One can stay out of Canada 3 years in any 5 years to maintain Canada PR status
do i need any special visa to work at U.S.
----- To work in US you need H1 or Li or O visa, having Canada PR does not give you any option to work in USA, only Canadian citizens are allowed to work in us with TN visa

Will it affect the Canadian PR status ...
---- If you get any work visa for US, you can stay out of Canada for 3 years

Should i pay tax for the income from US.
----- If you work in US you have to pay US tax if stay and work in Canada pay Canada tax, Canada has tax treaty with US for more info ask any CPA for tax related info.
**** if LC in US filed by any employer for H1 and that is pending more than 365 days you can get H1 7th year extension. I don’t know your situation for US GC, if LC filed or cleared or if I-140 and I-485 filed

I got a IT job in my own area within 10 days

Hi Ginnu,
I got two confirmed job offer within 10 days after moving back from USA to Canada.I know that you really warned me about IT market in Canada so little bit worried when I planned to move back to Canada without any job!!
After spending two years in US I moved back on Nov 30th and Today I acccepted a offer which is permanent and more than 80K+ salary +benefit and that too in a famous company in Montreal and still I am getting call from other recruiting agencies / companies.My understanding is if you have a solid profile , US experience and able to sell yourself properly getting job in Canada might not be a issue for a IT professional
Thanks

Thanks Ginnu and Ani70

Thanks for your responses! I love this forum for the unbiased views of the participants. Thanks for keeing my hope alive!!!

Hi Ani,
Could you please post the sources of locating jobs in Canada for the benefit of Users of this forum . This way pessimistic persons like me will be able to try some thing in Canada.
Thanks again for lifting the confidence.