Can asylum got sponsored for green card from job or married?

kenryu

Registered Users (C)
hi Everyone;
I'm wondering if it's allowed or possible or even legal for asylum who has submit I-485 to get sponsored for green card from job or married? or in other word is it possible or legal to have more than one I-485? will it slow my I-485 application? or will it has any effect on my current I-485?. My I-485 is submitted on August 2000. Anyone has any experience with this ? Please reply. I'm just finger printed in last june, but worry that my I-485 is denied for any reason (what is the chances for asylee to get the I-485 denied for some reason?). I don't have any criminal background or whatsover, probably just speeding tickets. I just want to have some backup plan through sponsor from my company or married with somebody who can sponsor me. Anybody especially somebody who has experience with this, please reply.

If you are not a terrorist,there is no reason to worry to be rejected.
It is rare to I-485 to be rejected b/c of a speeding ticket!!!!!!
It is a fishyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy story.

What I mean is tell us the whole story,if you need a genuine help.
Speeding ticket doesn't tell us a lot.To get rejected a GC it needs more than that so tell us what problem do you have with law inforcement??and we will try to give you advice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gebre said:
What I mean is tell us the whole story,if you need a genuine help.
Speeding ticket doesn't tell us a lot.To get rejected a GC it needs more than that so tell us what problem do you have with law inforcements??and we will try to give you advice.

I just got a speeding ticket and wrong-lane turn ticket, that's all. I didn't know what is the effect of those tickets at all to my case.

Don't worry about that.Only a felony will affect your case.Traffic violations are not part of it unless you were drunk at that time.DUI is a felony.

Gebre

kenryu said:
hi Everyone;
I'm wondering if it's allowed or possible or even legal for asylum who has submit I-485 to get sponsored for green card from job or married? or in other word is it possible or legal to have more than one I-485? will it slow my I-485 application? or will it has any effect on my current I-485?. My I-485 is submitted on August 2000. Anyone has any experience with this ? Please reply. I'm just finger printed in last june, but worry that my I-485 is denied for any reason (what is the chances for asylee to get the I-485 denied for some reason?). I don't have any criminal background or whatsover, probably just speeding tickets. I just want to have some backup plan through sponsor from my company or married with somebody who can sponsor me. Anybody especially somebody who has experience with this, please reply.

Do not be ridiculous! If there is a reason for your asylum I-485 to be denied, that will also lead to denial if you are applying using other methods.

so I can't?

so basically I can't apply another adjustment application for green card if I already have one? is the law say anything about it? or is it based on experience or do you know anybody who's doing it?

Please refer to the following link.

Kenyru,

Yes you can. Refer to the following link.

http://www.murthy.com/chatlogs/chat0726.html

Here is the relevant portion.

Chat User : Hi, Sheela. Is it possible for a person to change his status from family-based green card to employment-based?

Attorney Murthy : A person is always able to file as many applications or petitions as s/he wishes and can afford. It is not clear what scenario you are referring to, but if a new petition or application has to be filed, it should be doable. Sometimes, one may have to file a new petition and may not be able to take advantage of a previously-filed case between FB and EB categories.

Is there any one who filled asylum based I-485, and then successfully obtained Green Card through other route?

Hi All,

It is very knowledgeable to read all messages. I have one question in relation to the topic. The asylum is approved but not yet filed for I 485 as it is shorter than 1 year - then -meantime if he/she find an good employer, can he/she change to H-1 and then green card. Is this a possible way?

Thanks

H-1 has NOTHING (repeat nothing) to do with this.

You can apply for EB green card directly, if you qualify.

chitcute said:
Hi All,

It is very knowledgeable to read all messages. I have one question in relation to the topic. The asylum is approved but not yet filed for I 485 as it is shorter than 1 year - then -meantime if he/she find an good employer, can he/she change to H-1 and then green card. Is this a possible way?

Thanks