CaN ANyone Please Help

siddiqi101

Registered Users (C)
I have just found out the new regulations for obtaining the VISA for PR of Canada. I am already working on H1-B in USA right now. I have checked the AMerican Consulate WEbsite and it say that in order to obtain H1-B Visa you need to sent I-797 and I-129.
Cna anyone please tell me how to obtain I-129? What is this used for? Please Help. THanks in advanced.

I-129 is the petition/application filed with INS for approval of your H visa status. This should be normally provided to you along with your H-1B approval notice by your employer or the Attorney.

Vault,
Thanks for the reply. The only thing i remember receiving from my lawyer is I-797 form.
Does anyone you know have experienced dealing with Toronto American Consulate? Does anyone got recently got US visa from toronto. How many day it takes to obtain a visa from toronto? Please HELP!!!

No I don't have visa stamp on my passport for H-1B previously. Actually i never required visa stamp to cross the border before. What iam supposed to do now?
How can i obtain I-129? Please let know.

Yes, Per Ray.S you can mail it to St. Louis to get a stamp in your passport provided it has not been over 6 months since the expiration of your last visa stamp.

If you go to the US Consulate in Toronto, your passport will be delivered the next business day. However there is no gaurentee that a Visa will be issued and the passport will be given the next day. The US Consulate in Toronto clearly states that in some instances, it might take up to 60 days to process one's application, and also advises not to make any travel arrangements.

Make sure you carry every single document requested by the consulate. The consulate is accepting applications via mail.

http://www.amcits.com/bcc.asp

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally posted by siddiqi101
No I don't have visa stamp on my passport for H-1B previously. Actually i never required visa stamp to cross the border before. What iam supposed to do now?
How can i obtain I-129? Please let know.

Call your attorney to obtain attorney copies of I-129. Also make sure you also get the LCA which was submitted with your I-129. Your attorney should know what documents to send if you tell him/her that you will be going in for a VISA stamp.

Toronto Visa Stamp

Donot come to Toronto if you are a Muslim.
Chances are you will not not be given an appointment BUT if you do get an appointment , you may have to wait.............and it's a long one. I have been waiting for 5 months with approval notice; weiting for security clearance.

You will be beter off going back to the country of origin!

Hope that is helpful.

Hello Kamran..

Why do you need to get a visa stamp? From the notice it seems that they wont be enforcing this till March 17th...

I am a canadian PR and working in the US on H1. i was planning on coming to canada for eid and returning back to the US around the 20th of Feb. I dont have my H1 stamped on my passport.. Do you know if they have already started enforcing the Visa Stamp for H1 or not? Also my I-94 has expired and I only have the one at the bottom of my renewed I797.. so I guess i will need to get a new I-94..

I would appreciate if anyone can let me know if they are allowing PR's to cross into the US without a stamp or not.

Thanks
Furat

for siddiqi101

"No I don't have visa stamp on my passport for H-1B previously. Actually i never required visa stamp to cross the border before. What iam supposed to do now? "

--- Do you mean that you never got H1B visa stamp in your passport? If that is the case you cannot revalidate your H1 by sending passport to St. Louis for Revalidation of Visa in US you should have previous H1b stamp in your passport and it should not be expired more than 1 year.

Originally posted by furat
Hello Kamran..

Why do you need to get a visa stamp? From the notice it seems that they wont be enforcing this till March 17th...

I am a canadian PR and working in the US on H1. i was planning on coming to canada for eid and returning back to the US around the 20th of Feb. I dont have my H1 stamped on my passport.. Do you know if they have already started enforcing the Visa Stamp for H1 or not? Also my I-94 has expired and I only have the one at the bottom of my renewed I797.. so I guess i will need to get a new I-94..

I would appreciate if anyone can let me know if they are allowing PR's to cross into the US without a stamp or not.

Thanks
Furat

Tear the I-94 which is on your approved I-797 and staple it on top of your expired I-94. INS will honor/accept it. or you can leave the I-94 as is on your I-797. You do not need to get a new I-94. You should be able to cross the border without a visa stamp till March 16th 2003. The visa requirement rule goes into effect on March 17th 2003.

kamranr
Could you please tell me in detail, why it's taking all this time after you apply for US visa in Toronto. I don't want to go back to my Home country and applied their. It will slim my chances of getting a Visa there?
Can you please reply back and let me know If anyone successfully obtain a US visa in Toronto?