Can 140 be revoked even after 140&485 has been approved?

GreenMe

This would be a silly question to ask. But still I want your advise.

I got my 140&485 approved concurrently on Oct 1st week and did the stamping too. Can the employer still revoke my 140?

Thanks

In my openion, NO.
That said, lets see the other side, if you get you 140&485 approved and soon after that you quit your employer and that also in not so good terms, then he may report to CIS that you had no intention of working for that employer permanently and if CIS finds out that your intention was only to get the GC, then it might be revoked. You may argu that if one can leave the employer after 180 days of filing 485 using AC21, why can't he leave after getting 485 approved, but that is how it is. :eek: It is advisable to work atleast 6 months for the employer who sponsored your GC after getting 485 approved.

Eric

GreenMe said:

I got my 140&485 approved concurrently on Oct 1st week and did the stamping too. Can the employer still revoke my 140?

Thanks

Thanks for your quick response Eric. I appreciate it.

What happened in my case was, my sponsoring employer terminated my employment the day after I got the approval. It is not of my fault. I work for a different company now.

In that case you should be ok. Even if the employer does try to revoke your I140 he will also get into trouble with USCIS. This would mean that the employer never had any intention of keeping you there permanently.. which could backfire.

hopefull1 is absolutely correct. If your employer fired you after 1 day of 485 approval, it is none of your fault. In my view, you are perfectly safe. Good for you that he didn't fire you before approval :rolleyes: .

Eric

GreenMe said:

Thanks

Just now, I talked to my paralegal and she said that, based on what attorny says, I am safe to take-off. AC-21 Applies here since you have waited 6 monts pass I-485 application. Please don't construde this as legal advise and consult an immigration lawyer on this matter.