Calling USCIS doesn't help

question?

kabish said:
Hi Mesbah,
I just asked the emergency number. Initially the person was telling not to call the emergency number unless if it is inevitable. Atlast she gave the status saying "Name Check" is pending and it may take 60 days for my case.

How do I check with FBI whether my name check is cleared or not.
Do they respond for e-mails

kabish,

Is your a substitute labor EB2 case? or original labor? Thanks!

kabish said:
Hi Mesbah,
I just asked the emergency number. Initially the person was telling not to call the emergency number unless if it is inevitable. Atlast she gave the status saying "Name Check" is pending and it may take 60 days for my case.

How do I check with FBI whether my name check is cleared or not.
Do they respond for e-mails

i called the # for 485 information. the guy said it is in name check and said i shouldn't worry. just keep extending EAD and you should be fine. he said forget the 485 it will come eventually - easy enough to say. so now i faxed off a complaint to the congressman to see if he can help in f.b.i. name check.

that # is becoming useless.

How often is it ok to call the emergency #? I would like to call and ask about my namecheck, but I called last week. Should I wait another couple of weeks?

Cali_gc, can you include the contents of your fax? I would like to do one. feel free to email it to me.

Thanks!

Hi califronia_gc,

How to file a FAX for Congressman.Is it worth to send a FAX to him??

Regards
Kabish

Hi vnra300

My labor is original waited for more than 3 and half years for get that approved.Still waiting for I-140/485.EB2 RIR

REgards
Kabish

:confused:

kabish said:
Hi vnra300

My labor is original waited for more than 3 and half years for get that approved.Still waiting for I-140/485.EB2 RIR

---You will get the approval pretty soon. It is a long journey...Somehow EB2 cases are moving slowly.. My case is also EB2 and March15 RD for 140/485. Today I got my 140 approval. Keep the hope...

Kabish

kabish said:
Hi vnra300

REgards
Kabish

Thanks Kabish for the info. My guess is that your documents are all OK and they are just waiting for the Name Check results to come back from FBI before they approve your 140/485 cases concurrently. Good Luck!

Hi vnra300,

Thanks.But my 140/85 date is March 26 2004.Do u have any idea how long it will take for Name check clearance from FBI??I think it is already 300 days gone!!!! :confused:

Regards
Kabish

mesbah said:
How often is it ok to call the emergency #? I would like to call and ask about my namecheck, but I called last week. Should I wait another couple of weeks?

Cali_gc, can you include the contents of your fax? I would like to do one. feel free to email it to me.

Thanks!

call the congressman's number and tell them about your situation. They will then fax you a form (thats what mine in san diego did). fill the form out because they need authorization. i attached this letter. good luck.

To:
Name of Congressman/woman
<<address>>

Subject: Regarding delay in processing I-485 Application with USCIS.

Dear Sir [or Madam]:
I am a resident of <<name of county>> County and would like to bring to your attention certain facts pertaining to immigration issues that I am facing. My immigration is sponsored by my employer – <<company name>>.

The immigration process had started in <<date of LC filing>> with the filing of Labor Certification. I understand that getting the “green card” is a long process and the United States now more then ever needs to make sure that only the right candidates get though the process.

An I-485 Application to Adjust Status as a permanent resident was filed with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) California Service Center (CSC) on 485 RD. California Service Center is currently processing cases filed on May 7, 2004 which makes my application more than <<x>> months behind in processing. I am very concerned that my case has not come up for processing despite the fact that it was filed earlier. It is even more disconcerting that cases filed much later are being approved.

Here are the details of the case:
Primary Applicant Name (Primary Applicant) 485 Application #:
Secondary Applicant Name (Derived Applicant) 485 Application #:

I would appreciate any help that can be provided by your office in expediting the processing of my application.

Please contact me for any more information that may be required by your office in handling of this case.

Best regards,

<< your name >>
<<address>>
<< phone numbers>>

My guess is that it has to be a congressman. Senators are little too heavy weights (John Kerry is a Senator) to look at such matters.

tominavhech said:
My guess is that it has to be a congressman. Senators are little too heavy weights (John Kerry is a Senator) to look at such matters.

i kind of agree - but neither the congressmen nor the senators themselves are gonna do anything. their staff will work on the case.

re:

i caled the emergency number for my 485 status but was told that only attorney can call this number. should i try again >? my attorney will not call for me

I140helppls said:
i caled the emergency number for my 485 status but was told that only attorney can call this number. should i try again >? my attorney will not call for me

that is incorrect and let them know of your right. 485 is your application whereas 140 is owned by employer. so you can call that number and inquire about 485 application. but there is a catch since this is an emergency they can decline service saying there is no emergency really.