Calling USCIS doesn't help

Ok, so the second number (see my post on the first page) is different. I'd suggest calling the first number about an hour before they close (which is 3:30pm CA time). When I tried, it was busy the first couple of times, but then it eventually rang. If you know the name of your HR person, you can also just tell them it's you that's calling, and give them that name.. Will save a lot of time and trouble. They don't ask any questions to validate the HR person's identity apart from the name. Good luck.

Reply from my lawyer...
--------------------------------
Thank you for contacting me about this case. While I appreciate that you both want movement on this case, I must tell you that we are and have been doing all that we can. XXXXXX-- at this point I don't have any additional information to offer you. We have and are making repeated inquiries about your case. According to the online case status site, you case remains pending. I know you called and was told that your file was transferred out. I urge you not necessarily to rely on this information since US CIS is notorious for giving out wrong information. It may also mean that they are joining your I-140 petition to your Adjustment Application since they were filed at different service centers due to your own moves around the country. There is no way around it. Your case is complicated. It will not be concluding anytime soon. You have no alternative except to wait.
--------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks unitednations

unitednations said:
following is the expedite fax numbers:

Expedites for each Service Center

Expedites will be handled by facsimile and NOT calls forwarded from the 800 number. An expedite request number for each Service Center will now be:

Nebraska Service Center
(402) 323-2594

Vermont Service Center
(802) 527-4816

Texas Service Center
(214) 962-2632

California Service Center:
(949) 389-3055 I-131, I-360, I-526, I-829
(949) 389-3197 I-129
(949) 389-3482 I-130
(949) 389-3484 I-765
(949) 389-3485 I-90
(949) 389-3486 I-140, I-485
(949) 389-3402 I-102, I-539
(949) 389-3219 I-129F, I-751
(949) 389-3198 I-821, I-817, N400
(949) 389-8690 I-212, I-612, I-824, NACARA I-881
(949) 389-8691 "Green Card" Issues or any other issues
(949) 389-3460 Non-Immigrant Premium Processing

The link to the expedite forms for 485 is:

http://uscis.gov/graphics/formsfee/forms/g-731.htm

Note: the first page is to inquire about the i-551 card. the second page is the one which is relevant for the expedite request.

Thanks a lot UN.
Mine is a labor substitute and I believe(i haven't seen) that my labor says I could be posted at any client location anywhere in the US.
My company's head office is in CA and I was in NJ when the 140(CSC)/485(VSC) was filed. I was told that its a norm that I-140 is filed where your company has its corporate office and I-485 is filed where you are presently working.

Unfortunately my lawyer is neither an expert(she made a lot of mistakes in the past) nor very cooperative and the only thing she advises me is wait, wait and wait. I will make another attempt to know where my I-140 is and then try the option of back-up I-140 as you have suggested.
In the mean time a solid offer that I have from my ex-client would disappear :-(

Hey Mesbah,
Yesterday I called up the USCIS Emergency number to inquire about my I-140(as HR). The lady who picked the phone said that it is with the adjudication department. What does it mean? The case is still not processed or waiting after process.

Will the adjudication happen before or after the officer handles the case?

Kabish :confused:

Kabish,

No idea. But that sounds promising, right? I was told that it's just with an officer. Did you call back and ask about your 485?

Good luck man!

Hi Mesbah,
How it is promising? Today I got an LUD change for my 140. Today I am going to enquire about my 485.

What questions should we ask about 485.

Kabish

Hi Unitednations,
I enquired about 140 yesterday. The lady told it is with the adjudication department.
What does it mean? Is it processed or waiting for Processing?

Kabish :confused:

Kabish,

I guess with an adjucation department sounds better than assigned to an officer (which is what I got).

For 485, ask them if your name check is clear.

mesbah said:
Kabish,

I guess with an adjucation department sounds better than assigned to an officer (which is what I got).

Hi mesbah,
i called and a lady told me that both my wife and my case 485 are with an officer now. Why adjucation dept. is better than assigned to an officer? I thought every case should be assigned to an officer before case approved. Please clarified if i am wrong...
If our case assigend to an officer, does it mean something wrong with our case?
Thank you.

mesbah said:
Kabish,

that does sound promising - i got the same answer and my case was approved after 10-15 days.

good luck.

painful140,

My guess is as good as yours. it does have to go to an officer, now, whether that's part of the adjucation dept or not, my guess is as good as yours. By the way, I've been following your 140 case, I wish you all the best. Hope things work out! Keep us updated.

cali_gc,

Did they tell you it's with an officer, or with the adjucation dept.? do you know if there's a difference?

Kabish,

Please update us when you enquire about the 485. Maybe you can ask them too if there's a diff between "with an officer" and "with adjucation dept" and lets us know.

Thanks!

Hi Mesbah,
I just asked the emergency number. Initially the person was telling not to call the emergency number unless if it is inevitable. Atlast she gave the status saying "Name Check" is pending and it may take 60 days for my case.

How do I check with FBI whether my name check is cleared or not.
Do they respond for e-mails