Calling all applicants filed b/f current JIT: time to act! E-Mail Camaign - Ocean #14

> Is it working ??

The short answer is NO.

This is the campaign of the community by the community for the community.

Many people have been sending faxs and e-mails to USCIS, Ombudsman, and Congressperson just for their own personal cases even multiple times.
However, only 20 people have joined this campaign for the community.

This community of I-485 CSC Forum members has totally failed to appeal the unfairness of USCIS' I-485 process.

I've always sent emails as a community member & not as an individual and I'm sure many of us has done the same. But what is the result ?? ... 2004 applicant getting approval !!!!! USCIS is not even ready to listen to old applicants. :mad: :mad: :mad:

-Koolkat
WAC-02-119-#####

> I've always sent emails as a community member & not as an individual

I know your participation.

> and I'm sure many of us has done the same.

I don't think so.
adsffsda started this campaign in late June.
At least 30 people should have participated through the first week of July, by a month ago.
But still we see only 20 participations at this thread.

If you would read all messages of this thread, you could understand how I was disappointed at participations from this community.
In addition to this campaign, this community has almost ignored my fax capaigns #15 and #17, too.
Several people had told me even to leave this forum once they knew I had cancelled Project Kashmir.

> But what is the result ?? ... 2004 applicant getting approval !!!!! USCIS is not even ready to listen to old applicants.

I agree.
But again, the old applicants' voice is so small that nobody listens.
Of course, it is neither your fault nor mine.

Recently, I-140 forum members stood up at last.
They will be coming to Zoe Lofgren's town hall meeting today.
I don't know how many people will be coming from I-485 forum to claim the unfair processing.
I think you still have a chance if and only if all the old I-485 applicants really want and actually take an action.

Last Friday(8/5/2004), I talked to Marilyn Wacks(Congressman Thomas Lantos office member) about my case's transfer to S.F office after 31 pending. She said that all I-485EB cases are transferred to local office and you should not complain to Immigration office about the transfer.

I noticed that immigrant issue is very small for Congressman Thomas Lanton office, because the member did not know basic I-485EB process.

I will continue to talk to the office to demystify immigrant issue.

Tom Lantos (D CA 12)

KKJ said:
Last Friday(8/5/2004), I talked to Marilyn Wacks(Congressman Thomas Lantos office member) about my case's transfer to S.F office after 31 pending. She said that all I-485EB cases are transferred to local office and you should not complain to Immigration office about the transfer.
I noticed that immigrant issue is very small for Congressman Thomas Lanton office, because the member did not know basic I-485EB process.
I will continue to talk to the office to demystify immigrant issue.
How about Mr. Javier Hienz, an immigration case worker in Congressman Lantos's office.
Here is the minutes of our visiting Tom Lantos' San Mateo office on 12/3/2003.

Kashmir

When I visited Congressman Thomas Lantos office, I did not have a chance to talk to Mr. Javier Hienz. I will try to contat him regarding current I-485EB immigration issue(not only for my personal issue). Do you have his e-mail address?

Regards,
KKJ

kashmir said:
How about Mr. Javier Hienz, an immigration case worker in Congressman Lantos's office.
Here is the minutes of our visiting Tom Lantos' San Mateo office on 12/3/2003.
Another problem is SF and SJ offices work so differently, SJ office interview transfer cases in a month or two, But SF office, we do not have a clue how long will it take. That is a big problem, they do not have processing report, so when you complain, you even do not find a base to argue with them.
Any thoughts?

Got email response back yesterday from Ombudsman resulting from E-mail Campaign - Ocean #14 which sent early July.

Standard response:

Thank you for contacting the Citizenship and Immigration Services Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is dedicated to identifying systemic problems in the immigration benefits process and recommending solutions to these problems to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services ("USCIS").

In order to further process your case, we will need to obtain additional information from you. Please follow the steps below to complete submission of your case problem to the CIS Ombudsman. This information is also available online at our website
http://www.dhs.gov/cisombudsman.

Step 1. Please write us a letter and provide the following information in the order set forth below to assist us in identifying your case.

========
So it seems they are listening, although in a real slow pace. But will they do anything? Had we have, say hundreds of participants then, it might make a difference.