Called VSC on Oct 10 @ 8AM

Indiana Jones

Registered Users (C)
Hi !

I called the VSC at 7:40AM and played around for a little while and at 8:05AM I pressed \'0\' and got to speak with a rep there almost immediately. I asked her about my case and she told me that the case is with an officer and that it should take about 30 to 45 days !!
Asked if there is any problem -- she said she doesnot see any.

RD - 11/8/00 ND 12/1/00 FP 4/25/01 (this is the third call to VSc in the past 1 and 1/2 months)

Guys - I see a lot of people calling VSC and every one comes back with a different answer from the reps at VSC.

1) Your case id PENDING
2) Your case with an OFFICER
3) Your case is in the WAITING AREA
4) Your case is being adjudicated
5) Your case is being processed
6) Your case is in the DECISION MAKING PROCESS

All these responses are with waiting time of 30-45 days. (or 4 to 6 weeks)

Can some one please tell me what do these different answers mean ?

Thanks much !

blast k - any news from your side ?

My guess

i think each of them mean the same thing...the file is in an officer\'s table. The officer if very efficient will clear your case in 1 week or if lazy will take 6 weeks.

Each of the terms that you have written above is some kind of language used by each IIO. So depending on which IIO picks up...you will get their version of the same story.

By the way....Indiana Jones,,here is the latest Dec tracker..

Lok at the cases pending vs approved vs RFE

Thank you - abci

Appreciate your help - Thanks a lot .. hmm .. looks like there a lot of lazy officers at VSC :) only 16 cases approved out of 57 !!

Also while I was waiting for it to be 8AM - staying on line at VSC (for the reps at VSC to show up) -- I randomly entered a number which is EAC - 01 - 037 -xxxxx and it told me that the I-485 is still being worked on .. this case is sometime in November 2000. So looks like there are still Nov cases pending also.

No Title

Inidana Jones, Looks like we both are one of the earliest ND Dec waiters, this is really frustrating man, waiting for this to get over for more than 3 years.
I spoke to an IIO on friday and she told me the case is with an officer, I will keep posted any new developments. Thanks for sharing the info.
BTW abci you have done a good job, you can remove the entry for vscchanger from your spreadsheet, it is me I accidentaly entered twice.

No Title

abci-

Can you add me to the list.

12/4/00 is ND. You can find me in immitracker under same id.

Never called IIO just checking AVM everyday.

Thanks.

Sheff\'s

Add another Dec\'2000

ND: 12/19. I was never able to contact the IIO during the business hours.
Does calling from California matter? :) :)

Waiting for a good news. :)

no..should not make a difference

keep redialing for 5-10 mintues...then u should reach IIO in 5- 10 mintues