Called VSC at 1.30pm 10/09/2002.

Thin_Patience

Registered Users (C)
Guys,

I called up at the VSC today (after trying maybe 200 times from today morning).

A lady answered my call. She saw my case and said it not yet been "picked up" by the officer to whom its assigned.

She then said it will be another 3-4 weeks or it may be done before or it may take more than a couple of months or so ( at this stage, I find the latter option to be more happening).

She said right now they are processing till Sept 15'01.. i.e. they now want to complete all "backlog" till that date. Only cases which have queries will be on hold.

I asked her is it possible to get a estimated time to have the approval done.. she said they don't know and can't say where the case is...

Boy.! So, let's keep on waiting.

Cheers.!

I can only say good luck, man

What I have to say? I just don't understand if the IIOs can not answer a specific question about a specific case, why bother they pick up the phone, instead, they can use a broadcast voicemail: "Now we are process cases till Sept.15th, 2001, you case is pending"...

Good luck!

Re: I can only say good luck, man

Originally posted by kia
What I have to say? I just don't understand if the IIOs can not answer a specific question about a specific case, why bother they pick up the phone, instead, they can use a broadcast voicemail: "Now we are process cases till Sept.15th, 2001, you case is pending"...Good luck!

No offense, but you're not asking the right question! When will the case be approved? Like they know.... you (and they) are at the mercy of workload distribution and the individual AOs.

Thin_patience got some GREAT news, believe it or not. The case has been moved out of workload distribution and assigned to an officer. What has more than likely happened is that RAFACS has marked the case as being put on the AO's desk, but the AO hasn't acknowledged receipt.

In my earlier post explaining RAFACS and CLAIMS, I mentioned that many AOs will batch "check in and out" cases in RAFACS when they are approved/denied/RFEd. So Thin_patience, your case could be approved in the next few days.

When? Beats me - only the AO knows.

So don't ask "When will my case be approved?" It's a dumb question, because you're asking the IIO a question she cannot answer. Ask "Is my case still in workload distribution?". That they can answer, and you can draw some conclusions from there.

Gee Thx Real Canadian.

I will remember to call and ask them that specific question.

Roma,

My rd is Sept 05 2001. :(

Still waiting..

Cheers.!

Don't call IIO too much

I am not against anyone. I think it is not a good idea to call IIO. This will only make the I-485 process slower unless they have a phone rep. team to only dedicated answering questions. I can imagine some IIOs have no time to work but answering phone calls.